Intex SWG red service light

Veysma

Aug 16, 2015
Atlanta, Il
We purchased the 2650gph Krystal clear SWG unit last June and used it until we closed our pool in September. Everything worked just fine those months. A couple weeks ago we began opening up our pool and turned on the SWG only to get the red service light and the pump shutting off after about 2 minutes of the pump running. Called intex and received a new pump under warranty and we are still having the same issue. The pump will run for hours on “FP” mode with no issues. I did clean the plates by soaking in vinegar for about an hour before we originally opened our pool but was careful not to damage anything. Ive done some research and have seen a lot of the same problem but no follow up on if there is a fix.

So I was doing some more research and found an older post with the same issue. Member scotxxx had posted a fix he had used to get his back up and going and since we have 2 pumps we decided to give it a shot. I added a small quote from his reply below.

“Basically I took off the 2 wires going to the chlorine terminal screws and connected them to the 12 vdc terminals. So now there are 2 wires on each of the 12 volt terminals and nothing on the chlorine terminals. I connected a switch to one side of the lead going to the chlorine cell and the other direct to the cell. Basically just like a light switch. So now when my pump is in FP mode I can just turn the salt cell on and off when I want to.”

It ACTUALLY works now. We still have to leave it on FP mode but since we have the 12v going to the SWG we can see the bubbles and that it is in fact working. I will be testing over the next few days to make sure that we are producing chlorine. Just though I’d update in case anyone else has the same issue.

Reactions: Rjaeson100
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.