Intex SWG code 91, sleep mode, titanium electrode replacement

DebbievdH

Jun 16, 2020
Kentucky, USA
Does anyone know how to get a replacement part, or know of an alternate replacement part for the Intex titanium electrode. My SWG model number is ECO15110-2, and after calling Intex, they no longer carry this part. I checked on eBay, but have not found one either. I don’t know what to do. Our SWG is in its 4th summer, so after reading here, I see it is overdue for replacement. I have had crystal clear water that’s been testing perfectly for the past month, so I was surprised when the low salt beeper started sounding yesterday. The salt level seems fine at 3150 for an 8,000 gallon pool. From what I’ve read, if the salt is fine and this code goes off, the titanium electrode needs replacement. It is not dirty either. The SWG now read “sleep” and “low salt”. Any thoughts or suggestions, especially what to do if I can find a replacement electrode. Thank you.

Reactions: ciregui
Ajw22, I believe you. If anyone sees this and wonders what we did, here is an update, because it seems to be working great. We bought a complete new Intex SWG on Amazon for about $150, and attached it to our “old” combination sand filter/swg. We disconnected the SWG portion (watched some YouTube’s) and it was super easy to connect the new SWG to the filter. The old combination unit will run the filter just fine, but will beep and show low flow for a little bit, then then goes to sleep mode, with filter still running. The new SWG has its own controls.

Reactions: suesaner
Ajw22, I believe you. If anyone sees this and wonders what we did, here is an update, because it seems to be working great. We bought a complete new Intex SWG on Amazon for about $150, and attached it to our “old” combination sand filter/swg. We disconnected the SWG portion (watched some YouTube’s) and it was super easy to connect the new SWG to the filter. The old combination unit will run the filter just fine, but will beep and show low flow for a little bit, then then goes to sleep mode, with filter still running. The new SWG has its own controls.
So the new one work without any issue? I facing same issue. Deciding if I want to just pay for the two plate for 120 or just buy a new unit for 140 dollar. Another route is to get a better SWG that I can control the chlorine output which cost a little more.

So the new one work without any issue? I facing same issue. Deciding if I want to just pay for the two plate for 120 or just buy a new unit for 140 dollar. Another route is to get a better SWG that I can control the chlorine output which cost a little more.
So far, it’s working great! In fact, Chlorine is a tad High, and I just adjusted down a bit. Still tweeting it, but it seems it be a good solution at this point.

Does anyone know how to get a replacement part, or know of an alternate replacement part for the Intex titanium electrode. My SWG model number is ECO15110-2, and after calling Intex, they no longer carry this part. I checked on eBay, but have not found one either. I don’t know what to do. Our SWG is in its 4th summer, so after reading here, I see it is overdue for replacement. I have had crystal clear water that’s been testing perfectly for the past month, so I was surprised when the low salt beeper started sounding yesterday. The salt level seems fine at 3150 for an 8,000 gallon pool. From what I’ve read, if the salt is fine and this code goes off, the titanium electrode needs replacement. It is not dirty either. The SWG now read “sleep” and “low salt”. Any thoughts or suggestions, especially what to do if I can find a replacement electrode. Thank you.
i am getting both low and high salts on two swgs i have from intex. my equipment is 7 or more years old and this is my first error. i am finding out that 5 years is about par for intex equipment and likely ill be shopping for another set up for next year. you may be joining me.
did you check intex web site? they seem to have a load of parts for swg units out there. you may get lucky! :)

i am getting both low and high salts on two swgs i have from intex. my equipment is 7 or more years old and this is my first error. i am finding out that 5 years is about par for intex equipment and likely ill be shopping for another set up for next year. you may be joining me.
did you check intex web site? they seem to have a load of parts for swg units out there. you may get lucky! :)
I don’t know if you read what we ended up doing…it is a few posts above, but it’s working great so far. Im super happy, and hope it continues to work for a few more years.

Same issue here! I actually purchased the SWG from amazon already but am unsure how to disconnect the SWG portion of the original combo unit. If you are still watching this thread, could you link the YouTube video you found to do this? Thank you! I was also considering just connecting up the new generator after the old and ignoring the error code (since the pump keeps working regardless). Thank you!

when we first bought this bag of water, we also bought the swg to work with the freestanding filter pump. over the years the pump took a dump, so i bought a combo filter pump and swg and its been problem free for about 6 years. this year the low salt bother cropped up. i priced the parts but since its august i didnt see the point in buying into a new swg until next season. lo and behold i am a 'saver' of sorts (i.e. i dont throw out or sell things im not currently using...) and i ran across the original swg free standing. since i have a parts store for pool stuff in my garage i scared up a hose and did the connex between the two units. i ran the combo unit on FP and the swg is on a timer. so far so doggone good....we have had such a wet and cool summer the salt levels have been messed with via rain. however, by and large its a success at least til we pull the plugs on this pain in september. its too small in volume to heat so we dont get any use unless we are in a hot stretch. i have about 5K gal's and a killer pump but every pool person around has informed me that i dont pump enough volume to make the purchase of a heater worthwhile. i appreciate their honesty as they could easily sell me a heater if it would work. i guess if i wish to go forward with water recreation here in cleveland ohio i need a bigger footprint and a 220 line or gas line put in to accomodate a heater. if anyone can shine light on this aspect of pool life id love it as i am ignorant about heating (no black rubber solar set ups will work....no place to put them and be inline...). i have a 9x18x48 easy set. heating the water even with over 7 hours of sun on the water itself isnt cutting it....we managed to claw our way up to 82 for about 4 days. we are 75 on avg and thats too cold for me....:cautious:

Attachments

• pump combo with freestanding swg aug 23.jpg
    pump combo with freestanding swg aug 23.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 1
  • leigh in the pool june 21.jpg
    leigh in the pool june 21.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 1
I don’t know if you read what we ended up doing…it is a few posts above, but it’s working great so far. Im super happy, and hope it continues to work for a few more years.
yes i did, and posted my work around for the same problem below. im new here so i need to learn the posting ropes :mad::love:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.