Intex skimmer is horrible

FYI On that Intex pool where your skimmer hose plugs into the wall of the pool. behind that hose adapter is a plastic grid/filter. That grid can become clogged with leaves. bugs feathers etc. So Occasionally (once or twice a week) you will need to pull the organics off of your "grid".
BTW I Love my over the wall skimmer. It works great.

Well, I disconnected the hose to clean the grid (which was pretty clogged) and now my skimmer decided to be a pain again. So, I slit an old flat bike tire and used it as a pad between the skimmer and the frame. Now it seems rock solid.

So, next stupid question. Every time I pull the bucket out to empty it, half the contents either flow thru the bucket or over the top back into the pool. How do your properly empty the bucket?

2014-07-23 17.35.28.jpg

When I pull my basket I do it expeditiously. I also understand a little bit will get back into the pool. so it goes. If the pieces are big enough I will grab them and throw them over the side. Be careful when you bang your basket upside down as you can break the handle that is inside the basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.