Intex Side Skimmer Low Water Suction

Suebe

Jun 27, 2017
Benton City, WA
Hello! Third year with pool, constant cleaning so we got a Intex Skimmer which seemed to work well for a very short while.

There are 2 inlets, 1 outlet. Is there any problem/issue with plugging one of the inlets (as we do to vacuum)? I did this and works much better. I noticed the outflow slows a bit and the pressure gauge goes low to about 3-4 psi I believe. Any advice appreciated!

If you’re gonna do that - which I don’t think should be an issue - then I would recommend that you take the hoses off of the additional inlet so that water in the hoses doesn’t get stagnant and breeds algae, etc.

I took one of the white-ish gray rubber plugs that came with our pool and cut a hole in it. I unscrewed the cover on the suction side not being used by the skimmer and put the modified plug over the hole and screwed the cap back. It slowed the suction on that side enough to make the skimmer work better without straining the pump and decreasing the return flow too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.