Intex Pump Tripping

kmrambo

Jul 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Ok anyone out there able to help me troubleshoot my Intex pump?
Stopped working the other day. We have been having horrible heavy rain lately here on Oklahoma. Found it with breaker tripped.
1. Tried reseting the GFCI plug and when I go to turn it on it immediately trips it again.
2. Assuming it got wet up in there I open it up to let it dry out even though I couldn't see any moisture.
2. Next morning put it back together and try it. It would turn on and say it's work but no pump sound or water moving. Took it back apart and sire enough a connector was loose and put it all back together.
3. Tried turning the motor and it still moves freely so I dont think its seized.
Now it's tripping immediately again. I've tried looking at videos and posts but not finding any that match this problem exactly.
4. Off one recommendation I replaced the GFCI plug. It ran for about 10 minutes and then tripped again. Now it's back to tripping immediately.
Help!

Attachments

• 20230712_103031.jpg
    20230712_103031.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

Unfortunately GFCI trips are very difficult to repair.

When a pump is tripping the GFCI it usually means it has internal corrosion in the motor that is causing the ground fault. Fixing that requires the pump motor to be taken a part and rebuilt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.