intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

techguy said:
ffmedicwife1997 said:
techguy you really crack me up!!! im just really ticked because the reagent for my chlorine test kit wont com now til probably monday maybe tomorrowama

so... what day of the week is tomorrowama? :whip:

ughhhh man i am a few days off i was thinking tomorrow was friday!! like i said pool is clear and can see the bottom so i must be adding the right amount or close to the right amount of bleach for it..i was using liquid chlorine but ran out so now im stuck using bleach until hubby gets home tomorrow. update on reagent lady said it should be here tomorrow..believe it when i see it

Things I've learned on TFP:

Bleach is chlorine (knew this part). Clorox is approx 6% and pool store chlorine is between 10% & 12ish%. Many on here use Clorox or store brand bleach instead of pool store chlorine. Strength will determined quantity. Also check dates on bottles as it loses potency as it ages (didn't know this part).
Some times Walmart or a grocery store is easier to get to than the pool store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Taterfink said:
Things I've learned on TFP:

Bleach is chlorine (knew this part). Clorox is approx 6% and pool store chlorine is between 10% & 12ish%. Many on here use Clorox or store brand bleach instead of pool store chlorine. Strength will determined quantity. Also check dates on bottles as it loses potency as it ages (didn't know this part).
Some times Walmart or a grocery store is easier to get to than the pool store.

right now we have dollar general bleach until tomorrow when i can get more liquid chlorine and your welcome on the heads up

My chlorine reagent finally came in just now. when i tested there was no sun on the pool...i just want to see how i did guessing since i couldnt test this is my results

pool temmp 88
outside temp 84

Fc is 12.5 telling me to add 58 ozs of 6% bleach
CC is .5
we can see all the way to the botttom.. Hubby hasnt been home yet to vacuum the pool out i can see dirt sitting on the bottom

Taterfink said:
fast1971chevelle,

The Catfish vacuum people should pay you a commission. I ordered one today too. Should be here by Thursday. Cannot wait! Also from eBay, pd $76.

ffmedicwife1997, I'm proud of you, you found it for less than I did! :goodjob:
I hunted EVERYWHERE to get the price I got!

Here's to hoping it's wonderful! :cheers:
i love mine and i would not endorse any product that i have not tried and liked....but i LOVE mine......lol

fast1971chevelle said:
Taterfink said:
fast1971chevelle,

The Catfish vacuum people should pay you a commission. I ordered one today too. Should be here by Thursday. Cannot wait! Also from eBay, pd $76.

i love mine and i would not endorse any product that i have not tried and liked....but i LOVE mine......lol

We haven't been home yet to use it. Im going to try the overnight test to see where we are at and I only test fc and cc. I will do it tonight and hubby will do the one at 6 am before he leaves for work

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
fast1971chevelle said:
Taterfink said:
fast1971chevelle,

Did you have any problems with the two filters and getting the clear cap on?

My catfish arrived today. The clear cap was a bit difficult with the extra fine filter sock installed but after I smoothed it really well around the edges the clear cap went on with a bit of finessing. I have it charging now and will try it out tomorrow.

techguy said:
Since you don't have a full set of test results, I am going to guess we will know that tomorrow morning.

This is the hardest part... the home stretch and POP!

Well they have had me testing fc and cc only lately and not to worry abotu cya or ph..hubby and i also decided not to kick the swg back on this year..OUr kids have less than a month before school starts back up and we want them to swim

I guess I should have been more precise. If you pass the OCLT tomorrow morning, go ahead and do the other tests and then we can figure out what's next.

I am going to make a dangerous assumption, IIRC your CYA is about 40 this puts your shock at 15FC and I think that's where you have targeting. IF your nightime FC was 15.0 and your FC is between 15.0 and 14.0 ...and your water is clear... and your CC <0.5, YOU PASS! Go ahead and SWIM!

late edit complete

techguy said:
I guess I should have been more precise. If you pass the OCLT tomorrow morning, go ahead and do the other tests and then we can figure out what's next.

I am going to make a dangerous assumption, IIRC your CYA is about 40 this puts your shock at 15FC and I think that's where you have targeting. IF your nightime FC was 15.0 and your FC is between 15.0 and 14.0 ...and your water is clear... and your CC <0.5, YOU PASS! Go ahead and SWIM!

late edit complete

my target on pool calculator has been 18
fc 18x.5=9
cc 1x.5=.5

Full set of test results will come tomorrow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.