INTEX Pool, Filter, Pump & Install Newbie Help Questions

I had problem after problem with 3 different Summer Escapes over the years. The pump leaks, hose leaks, etc. etc. Some may get lucky and not have any problems, but I have NEVER had a problem with an INTEX one. We have had probably 8 different quickset, and metal frame pools.

I hope I am not too late to let you know WalMart on line now as the Intex 26' 52" for $799.99. I just bought it yesterday. My husband is out as I type trying to prepare the ground. The ground is unlevel by 6". The highest part is very hard dirt so he is building up the back with out disturbing the front. He is building the dirt up where the frame of the pool will sit and will leave the center alone. My question is will it hurt to have an area is the middle of the pool lower as long as it is level around the sides. He is hoping the middle will be a little deeper. Will this hurt the liner. We are talking about 3"s tops. Thanks in advance. I am also wanting to know if anyone has this size pool and have the 2600 sand filter and SWP, if they like the combination, or is the pump and filter that comes with it enough. Thanks,
:party: BEEN MARRIED 25 YEARS, FIRST POOL!!

Robyn
Intex 26 x52 Ultra Frame

Robyn said:
I hope I am not too late to let you know WalMart on line now as the Intex 26' 52" for $799.99. I just bought it yesterday. My husband is out as I type trying to prepare the ground. The ground is unlevel by 6". The highest part is very hard dirt so he is building up the back with out disturbing the front. He is building the dirt up where the frame of the pool will sit and will leave the center alone. My question is will it hurt to have an area is the middle of the pool lower as long as it is level around the sides. He is hoping the middle will be a little deeper. Will this hurt the liner. We are talking about 3"s tops. Thanks in advance. I am also wanting to know if anyone has this size pool and have the 2600 sand filter and SWP, if they like the combination, or is the pump and filter that comes with it enough. Thanks,
:party: BEEN MARRIED 25 YEARS, FIRST POOL!!

Robyn
Intex 26 x52 Ultra Frame
Ummm....not sure I'd be building up dirt like that to go under the pool. Water weighs a lot! There is a good chance the dirt will settle or it could even wash out. If you build up dirt you really need something like a piece of power equipment to pack it down hard.
Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.