Intex pool Drain Line

Jun 11, 2017
Central FL
I am kicking around a thought to utilize one of the two drain locations on the Intex pool (26'X52") as an additional suction line to help flip my water a bit more efficiently. As some of you may already know the Intex pools intakes are not low on the pool. any thoughts? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

What you are suggesting should not be required. There is no reason to "flip" the water any number of times. The only real requirement is that you add enough FC for the give CYA levels and circulate it which doesn't take much run time at all.

If you are having issues with algae or cloudy water, it is likely because of inadequate FC levels. "Pool School" button above has all the information you need to run a pool properly.

I agree this is not needed. Free chlorine in the water will not separate out in layers to where the bottom of the pool would not see any chlorine. A lot of AGP have a single suction that is on the surface (mine included) and have zero algae issues.

I was actually looking at this yesterday. but I was considering it so that some of the sediment that ends up in the bottom of the pool would be directed to the filter. I have reservations about the size though. Seems really small to be used for any suction.

Get the Intex robot instead. It stirs up any sediment on the bottom and vacuums it up to boot. It works quite well. I plumbed mine with a tee and some valves so that I can run it and the normal return simultaneously, and I keep it in the pool 24x7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.