Intex Krystal Clear pump setup - can it turn other "things" on?

Macboy

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello all! Welcome to the start of summer in Alberta. Our (temporary replacement) pool is set up and filling. I've decided to not waste my time with the Intex SWG this season - I'd be hard to convince it actually did much of anything for us last season. Instead I'm going to setup a peristaltic pump to feed liquid chlorine. If I use a commercial type pump, is there a way to have that pump turn on only when the filter pump is running? Like is there a circuit in the Intex I could tap into or anything? I'm not up on the terminology but I think you understand what I'm getting at?

You would need to open the pump up and find which wire goes hot when the timer activates then wire in a solenoid to trip an external power source to power another device. To be honest it might be easier to use a smart switch or timer switch and just set it to come on 15 minutes after the pump activates.

Reactions: Macboy
So in my setup I bought but never installed a Hayward check valve. However with the change in plumbing (not adding the SWG) and trying to be resourceful in how I reconnect things the check valve could actually come in handy as it buys me a section of connection options that may save me having to order another adapter. Thinking now about the injection pump, perhaps I want to install the check valve on the discharge from the heater and then put the injection fitting in just downstream of that so that the chlorine mixes in as the water returns to the pool? The check valve would then prevent the chlorine from feeding backwards into the heater manifold if for whatever reason the pump did not turn on but the timer still clicked the chlorine pump on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.