Intex Hard plumbed and getting there on the TA.

I have seen every other connection on this forum and others for hard plumbing to the pool except for the one that I have. So far I see the 90 joint right up against the pool but mine has that through wall blue Intex adapter that then gets attached on the outside by that screw on clamp.
to hard plumb.jpg
Any one have experience with this setup and what did you do.

I have seen every other connection on this forum and others for hard plumbing to the pool except for the one that I have. So far I see the 90 joint right up against the pool but mine has that through wall blue Intex adapter that then gets attached on the outside by that screw on clamp.
View attachment 27754
Any one have experience with this setup and what did you do.

Thats what I had when I first setup my new pump/filter. I only had it hooked up that way for the purpose of testing my new pump/filter to make sure it worked.

you can see what I did here.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/60788-Installtion-of-Intex-2650gph-sand-filter-to-15-intex

If you do not intend on using your intex twist valves it might be more better for you to just get standard pool wall fittings for adapting to PVC.

Im going to get rid of my twist valves this season and go to a pvc twist ball valve and still retain my intex hoses.

Hope it helps some. message if you need more info

did you have to do any cutting or modifications to get the new pump hoses to fit the pool? or did it work right out of the box.

also what is that thermometer you have?

If you buy the Intex sand filter it should come with both the large wall connections and the "type b" adapters shown in the picture above. You will need to use those type b adapters if you DO NOT cut your pool. To cut the pool use the black rubber ring gasket found on the wall fittings. Trace the inside of the gasket centered over the black nub where your pump hoses hook to your pool now. Using a sharp utility knife cut your hole VERY CAREFULLY. I cut my holes with my pool full. I used large bowls to trap water. Someone inside pool with a very large bowl with the new fitting inside the bowl with the bowl pushed against the sidewall. Slowly cut on the outside of my traced line. Water will come out it will slow down as the bowl empties. Pushed the old black nub and blue strainer into the bowl and pulled new larger wall fitting into new hole make sure you have gasket on and tighten fitting. Screw on new twist valve making sure gaskets are in place and valve is closed. You can now remove bowl from inside pool. 1 down 1 more to go.

I'm getting another Intex regular frame this year we had way to many pinholes after its 4th year so I will be doing this again this year unless I spring for the 16' ultra frame which already has the larger holes.

thanks for all the info. yea i just got the intex sand filter saltwater combo. may i ask why you cut your pool if you didnt have to? better performance im guessing?

By not cutting the pool you are stuck with the "b type" adapters which are not all that great. I found when I did have them hooked up just to see if the pump worked before I cut the larger holes that the pre-filter basket never filled completely. The smaller wall connection created a restriction which was enough to allow the anti-suction valve (built-in to the twist style valves) to open allowing air into the pre-filter basket which would eventually caused the pump to lose prime. On the return side the I noticed that the "b-type" adapter could slide off under pressure and potentially drain my pool down to the intake in less then 1hr. So I would only recommend the "b-type" adapter just to see if your unit operates before you cut the holes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.