Intex CS8110 Salt sensor question

I too am having issues with the low salt indicator coming on and shutting the unit off. I took a water sample to the pool supply store and had it tested and the salt was right on at 3100. I added 25lbs of salt anyway to see if it would make a difference but it didn't. I have been messing with it for over a week. I've cleaned the plates with vinegar and checked all of the connections more than once. I tried hooking the pump and SWG up on different outlets and it did run about 5 minutes longer before the low salt light came on. Tomorrow I will try bypassing the control panel as some of you have to see if it will make it through this summer and buy a better on this winter. Any other ideas?

If it is still under warranty and you have a receipt, call Intex for a replacement. If it is out of warranty or you just want to fix it, here is what I would try in order:

I also moved the fan wire to a different socket where it has constant power when the unit has power. I don't know if this part was necessary with this setup, but it shouldn't hurt. I then plugged the unit into

Hi RGHilliard,

I have a CS15110 swg/sand filter pump. I've been getting Low Salt errors (my salt is 3500), and I've cleaned my cell, its beautiful. I did your suggestion of putting wires 1 & 2 on post 1, and 3 and 4 on post 2. The swg cell does get power and I get mucho chlorine. My question is how/where did you find a socket for the fan with constant power? The fan doesn't come on unless I leave it plugged into the fan socket and the display panel is connected. It then turns on after about a minute, Then it times out after a few minutes (I think tripped by an error code). If however, I set the display to FP I still get chlorine, it doesn't time out, but the fan never starts. I'm worried I'll burn out the chip/motherboard without the fan. Thanks much for any help, Todd

I have no idea what any of what you did means. But we just bought this unit and had it installed when our pool was set up and it has never once not said low salt. I've had my water tested and tested and keep adding salt until to day the pool store said I am at 3100 and no more salt is needed but my chlorine is low even though I have added 5 bags of salt water shock this week. Unit still says low salt. I am at my wits end with this thing. I called Intex and they said clean the titanium plates on this brand new unit. I have no idea what those are. I'm pretty much hating the fact I ever bought this thing.

What would be handy would be a set of figures for these cells. It's relatively easy to put 12Vdc on them and measure the current so that would be a great help for folks like me with a problem I could then either discount the cell or know I've got something wrong with it with a simple test..
Would anyone have such figures or know where they may be on the net ?

........ First of all the copper electrode has nothing to do with salt sensing but rather salt creating, as it is responsible for pulling the sodium away from the chloride, leaving the chloride free to do its thing.......
This is incorrect.

The copper plates have absolutely nothing to do with chlorine generation. All generation is done by the SWG cell.

They are there to add copper to the water as an algaecide. As a matter of fact, I have removed mine and the SWG functions just fine. The last thing I want in my pool is copper stains.

Don't you have to add zinc or something to stop copper stains ?

If anyone on here had luck with swapping the plug over on the cell and or changing the power socket. Could you give an update and let me know if it worked for a day or was back to fully functional. I have the same problem and doing these two things has fixed it for now but I'm just wondering if my happiness is going to be very short lived..

My unit is only 5 months old and is already indicating "low salt." I tried all the maintenance steps - verified the salt level was adequate and cleaned the cell with vinegar. The unit is still under warranty so I was planning to call Intex tomorrow, but after reading this thread I flipped the cable over on the cell, and the unit is working now. Like others, I'm not sure that this is a permanent fix, but it's still under warranty for another 19 months. If it acts up again I'll file a warranty claim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.