Intex Automatic Vacuum getting stuck fix.

Apr 26, 2017
IL
Figured I would share my success story. I used to have problems with my Intex auto pool cleaner (crawler) with it getting stuck often and what not. I was looking at some YouTube tutorials on fixes for these things and it looks like sand/grit gets stuck in the gears and stops it from reversing the little check valve inside to reroute the water. So it gets stuck because the water is blowing one way, and there is no reverse momentum to get it unstuck.

So I tried cleaning out the gears, sure enough there was sand/grit inside locking up the gears. You just take out the inner device and open by carefully lifting the tabs. Then there are a few screws to take off to disassemble to get a good clean.

Cleaning worked, but then it got stuck again. Sure enough more grit got in, locking it up within a few minutes.

After some brainstorming, I took some water resistant silicon I had, that I use for inside the bathrooms, and decided to seal up the gear box. I just put a layer of it outlining the parts that fit together, and got it nice and thick around the exhaust port seats and pushed the two pieces together and clicked the tabs. I just want to make sure we are preventing any water from getting sucked in on the sides. I let it dry for 30 minutes which what the directions advise, and gave it another shot. Surprisingly this worked well, and I no longer have any issues. Figured I would post this as this seems to be a common problem.

Opened the cleaner to see lots of debris, dirt, sand, etc. inside there. I was pretty happy to see how well this worked. I like these cleaner because they trap the debris independently and not directing into the pool pump and filter, like hand vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.