Intex 633T Power Switch

Jun 23, 2016
Kuna Id
I just picked up the above mentioned filter pump (second hand) and the timer function doesn't seem to work. Has anyone had this happen and has anyone been successful replacing the power switch or timer? I have an electrical background and will be looking into it but thought I would reach out here and see if you guys can help me avoid any "learning curves".

If the pump runs but the timer doesn't work, the easiest and cheapest thing to do is just get an outdoor timer like the ones used for Christmas lights and plug it into that. I ran my whole setup on one.

Sometimes a timer will trip the GFCI when it turns on the pump. As long as you are already on a GFCI protected circuit, cut the GFCI off the end of the pump's cord and replace it with a regular plug.

This all has the added benefit of allowing you to schedule your pump to run multiple times per day. The built in timer only kicks on once per day.

Thanks Jeffchap. That's exactly what I will do now that I am thinking about it more. I would like to run it more than once a day. The factory GFCI has already been removed and yes, being an electrician, the outlet is GFCI. I saw some portable outdoor timers cheap on Amazon. I'll check local hardware too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.