jben04

May 17, 2011
Beaufort SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im sure i'm right in my assumption of this issue but i figured is run it past here.
Running the pool pump for apporx 10-15 minutes and then the flow rate drops... if i clean out the filter and restart it it runs great for another approx 15 min then same thing.
Im also using the Hayward skimmer.
It seems to me that its a dirty filter, can the filter become that dirty within that small time frame it needs to be cleaned so often when opening the pool ?
(Also this is was a new filter i put in yesterday.)

It seems to me that its a dirty filter, can the filter become that dirty within that small time frame it needs to be cleaned so often when opening the pool ?
Yes, those filters are almost useless & become clogged very quickly- especially in a dirty pool or one with algae.
If you have algae (this can be confirmed by an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test) you need to do the SLAM Process or drain, clean & refill the pool. Get extra filters so u can change them quickly & then wash them all at once or upgrade to a sand filter.

Upgraded from the crappy pump that came with the pool last year to the Intex 633T.
I got 3 filters on stand by, lol
Any particular sand filter you would recommend to look at ?,,( if i went that route)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.