Intex 16 x 48 frame level ground not

Hey swimminWill... Thanks for posting pics! It actually looks good but it's so hard to tell because it isn't full. lol I do have a question though... did you take the sod off the ground before you started? Can't see how the ground look with the tarp and pool on it. :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Can we see some pics of the bottom please? A quick way to get it level is to hire a machine called a plate compactor... That will flatten everything out... They're pretty cheap you'd only need it for about 3 hours... :) Pool does look great....

Lacey, Plate compactors do not level. They compact material. You need a shovel, water level/laser, 2x4 and a 4-6ft level ext to level ground.

Hey swimminWill... Thanks for posting pics! It actually looks good but it's so hard to tell because it isn't full. lol I do have a question though... did you take the sod off the ground before you started? Can't see how the ground look with the tarp and pool on it. :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Lacey, Plate compactors do not level. They compact material. You need a shovel, water level, 2x4 and a 4-6ft level ext to level ground.

Yes but I'm thinking just to flatten things down, if they don't want to remove the grass.... We don't know if there's grass underneath there yet....

Back has sod removed and front still has sod? You should really take all the sod off. The foundation of the pool is the hardest and most crucial part of pool building. It's also the most painful. It's very important to get the base of the pool and outer perimeter level. Once you get to the sand base, then you can run a plate compactor over the sand/base to compact it and give a solid base to set the pool on.

SwimminWill and LaceyGirl,

Your discussion (which is beginning to sound like an argument) is interminable. SW, why don't you fill the pool and see what happens?

You can then post back and tell us the results......good or bad. I will lock the thread if we keep beating the same dead horse.

I would be a little concerned about the sod in the front (lower) part too. When it dies (from the pool being on top of it) won't that part get a bit lower? In essence if your front pavers are on sod and you leveled the back with them, what happens when the sod dies under those pavers and they sink another 1/2" or more? (maybe you removed the sod under the front pavers already?)

It's a pain to take down and relevel. I hated the leveling process mainly because we had to dig so far for the back of ours. In the end it's level but I've read here about using foam under the pool and I wish I had known about that before since ours now has a lot of divots and a few wrinkles where stuff likes to settle. It's no biggie but foam sounds nice!

It wasn't warm enough but my daughter and friend used it Saturday. Once it had finally finished filling. Then Sun she got in it for 30 min then got out cause she was cold so I jumped in with her and it was COLD. It was high 80's out so I thought she was embellishing the cold.... no she wasn't

If it stays warm overnight and gets nice sun during the day it will warm quickly! Mine is finally just up to 80 and I've been able to go in a few times. Today I actually lounged around on a float for over an hour. Outside temp pushing 90, water 80. Beautiful!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a cheap solar cover that was given to me by my dad. I think he paid $100 for a 24ft solar cover. I like to use it mainly at night.

I took mine off til further notice. It's too much for me to handle atm even though it's cut in strips. :(

I have this same issue and I'm in SoCal too. I have about 5 inches off on ground but all the poles are level with pavers and lowered where too high. I think I have to start over though. With the ground out of level that much I think the water pressure on low side will push it that direction. Geez this $180 pool is about a grand in work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.