Intex 15'x48", SWG help, need input on set up

keithk

Jul 11, 2010
I currently have a Intex pool, 2100gph sand filter that I have been using chlorine to disinfect. I inherited a SWG, CS8110, and trying to 1. figure out if it work, 2, figure out if I can use it in my current setup.

1. I was told it worked, but when they tried to show me, it wouldn't come on. I took the GFI off the cord and put a regular plug on, bam, it turns on. Other than that, I don't know if anything else is broke.

2. I have a timer on the outlet for the sand filter and have it run for 2-3 hrs at night to make sure the water gets turned over every night, but the kids turn it on while swimming. I'm not really wanting to run it all the time to keep the electric bill in check. With that being said, can I have the SWG turn on at night when the pump runs to generate the chlorine? Maybe adjust the run time to get enough chlorine?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.