Intex 1500 SF-90110 sand pump no flow unless handle depressed. Cloudy water.

Icebox500

Jun 18, 2023
Colorado
Pool Size
Pulled the pump out and setup the pool for the year. Have some issues.

Put in new sand this year. Same bag as last year but wanted a clean setup.

Got everything attached and working but handle was very hard to rotate. Resolved this by disassembling and cleaning out sand debris.

Once back together, rinsed and cleared out the water. Plenty of pressure coming out the waste connection. Put into filter mode and, nada. Huh. Depressed the handle to give it a jiggle, water started to flow. Pressure was a 2.5 pounds or halfway into the green. Let the handle seat itself… no water and no pressure.

If I prop the handle up, I can get flow. Flow seems “ok”. Water is cloudy though. Did my usual new year routine and even started with mostly new water this year (had to fix a leak at a fitting). My pool is a small 8’ stock tank pool with less than 700 gallons in it. Typically, it clears within an hour. Not now. Water is gross and cloudy. I’ve run it on three cycles now and wouldn’t get into the water as is.

Would love some tips. Would call Intex but its Sunday…

James

Pulled the pump out and setup the pool for the year. Have some issues.

Put in new sand this year. Same bag as last year but wanted a clean setup.

Got everything attached and working but handle was very hard to rotate. Resolved this by disassembling and cleaning out sand debris.

Once back together, rinsed and cleared out the water. Plenty of pressure coming out the waste connection. Put into filter mode and, nada. Huh. Depressed the handle to give it a jiggle, water started to flow. Pressure was a 2.5 pounds or halfway into the green. Let the handle seat itself… no water and no pressure.

If I prop the handle up, I can get flow. Flow seems “ok”. Water is cloudy though. Did my usual new year routine and even started with mostly new water this year (had to fix a leak at a fitting). My pool is a small 8’ stock tank pool with less than 700 gallons in it. Typically, it clears within an hour. Not now. Water is gross and cloudy. I’ve run it on three cycles now and wouldn’t get into the water as is.

Would love some tips. Would call Intex but its Sunday…

James
Sounds like the valve lid wasn't put back on in its proper position. Pressing the handle releases the diverter from the seal and allows water to flow past it.

Reactions: Icebox500
Valve lid has an alignment hole and post, fitting on the top in only one way. The “no flow” issue started before I took it apart to clean it. Also, when I took the handle off to clean it, I ensured the handle went on in the same position.

Thanks. I think its on correctly.

Valve lid has an alignment hole and post, fitting on the top in only one way. The “no flow” issue started before I took it apart to clean it. Also, when I took the handle off to clean it, I ensured the handle went on in the same position.
Thanks. I think its on correctly. Appreciate the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.