Intex 12X24x52 under-liner/vapor barrier woes

TX One Eye

Apr 2, 2023
Texas
Hello All,

I have an Intex pool that we installed last summer. The pool sits on 24'6 x 12'6 opening backed with sand, with 3/4 treated tongue and grooved plywood on top of the smoothed and leveled sand. The treated plywood is topped/wrapped in vapor barrier on both sides (top and bottom) with the intex supplied under-liner on top of that. The pool itself sits atop of this. My problem is that over the winter the intex supplied under-liner deteriorated into a frazzled mess and came apart in pieces. Currently that means that one can see the 3/4 vapor barrier wrapped plywood under the pool through the open spots in the intex supplied liner. I am considering on how I might clean this mess up. I was thinking about an 18" or 20" wide strip of artificial turf or grass with a tall pyle value. The area 3" out on all sides of the pool is 16"x 16" pavers.
pool.jpgpool2.jpg

Youll note in the pictures that the intex supplied silver liner is in good shape, this is when it was all installed. That same liner is now in pieces. I was looking for a way to protect the pool liner and keep debris from getting blown up under the liner. Golf course style turf is the only option I can think of. If any of you have other ideas on how to fix the problem. I would sure appreciate some input.

Thanks,
One Eye

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: It's all about aesthetics at this point right? The turf isn't a bad idea. If you opted for any standard ground cover (i.e. sand, mulch, gravel, it would need an outer border (edging) to keep it in place. Let's see if any other members have an idea.

Enjoy the forum! :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.