CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Jandy RS12 P&S 8165L chip in power center with OneTouch, spa side controller, Aquapure 1400. The OneTouch has been locking up approximately once a day the past week during the heat spell in SoCal. Prior to that it would periodically (once every few weeks) do the same over the past few months. In all cases, pressing the reset button at the power center restores proper operation. The main power center has a single connector for rs485 cable. There are three connections - one to the OneTouch, one to the 2nd panel and one to the spa controller. The 2nd panel connects to the first panel and to the Aquapure.

About a year ago, all communication ceased. Turned out the original wiring had corroded to the point of breakage. I replaced with 18/4 audio cable (not twisted or shielded). That immediately fixed the problem, the system worked consistently until a few months ago. Not sure if this is a flakey component on the control board, problem with one of the peripheral devices (onetouch, spa controller, aquapure), or a wiring issue. Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated.

I suggest replacing the wiring again or at least reseat it. Also put the OneTouch on a different red 4-wire connector if you can. I think it helps to have it physically separated from the spa controller.

I suggest replacing the wiring again or at least reseat it. Also put the OneTouch on a different red 4-wire connector if you can. I think it helps to have it physically separated from the spa controller.
I'll try that, thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.