hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all. I have an Intermatic P1403me timer. It’s actually my second one and this one is about a year old. It is once again losing date/time when any power failure. If I recall it’s a 100hr super capacitor but wouldn’t think it would fail so soon. Anyone know if there is a replacement capacitor or how to add a battery backup external power? Any replacement recommendations with replaceable battery to avoid this issue in the future? Thanks

If it is less then a year old make a warranty claim. The Intermatic P1403me has a one year warranty.

Make a warranty claim even if the timer is over a year old and see what they say...

1702787626577.png

Attachments

• PE103-PE1403ME-manual.pdf
    734.9 KB · Views: 0
I reach out to support and see what they say since the one year expired in May of this year.

Let’s say they can’t do anything, I definitely would not buy a third one. As it is I no longer have a two speed pump so I would only need an on/off digital timer. Any recommendations?

I reach out to support and see what they say since the one year expired in May of this year.

Let’s say they can’t do anything, I definitely would not buy a third one. As it is I no longer have a two speed pump so I would only need an on/off digital timer. Any recommendations?
Do you have a booster pump for a cleaner? If not, Just get a T104M mechanism for a single-speed pump. It will fit the enclosure and will cost less. When you upgrade to a VSP, you won't have spent too much money, about $80.00 at Home Depot.

Do you have a booster pump for a cleaner? If not, Just get a T104M mechanism for a single-speed pump. It will fit the enclosure and will cost less. When you upgrade to a VSP, you won't have spent too much money, about $80.00 at Home Depot.
What about a digital one? Any recommendations? Does the T104M lose time when power outage?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
T104 is a purely electro-mechanical mechanism. Power goes out, clock stops.
Many have used this model digital/wifi timer:
Actually in looking closely I wouldn’t be able to use this one as my main control box is also from Intermatic. Aside from their timers, unsure what else would fit into it.

Attachments

• IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.