Intermatic Controls Stuck in On Position After Freeze

Apr 26, 2017
Fort Worth
Now that the weather has warmed up, my timer is still acting as if it is freezing out (I have to manually turn the breaker off to shut the pool pump off), since turning the timer to off doesn't actually turn it off. I unhooked the wires to the thermostat, but the pool kept running. Could it be the relay switch inside the FREEZE PROTECTION THERMOSTAT section of my Intermatic Control Box?

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 59
If you replaced the timer and it still doesn't shut off, there's something strange going on.

If you replaced the whole timer, then you replaced the contacts. And you've already unhooked the freeze protection thermostat right?

What's the right timer for?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where do you have the thermostat wires disconnected? At the bottom of the timer or at the thermostat itself?

I finally found a manual that shows the internal parts of that particular unit. There is apparently a separate relay inside the box that is controlled by the freeze t-stat.

I assumed that you disconnected the freeze protection from the bottom of the timer, but if you disconnected the wires from the thermostat itself, then that internal relay could be stuck and that would cause your pump to run all the time. Sorry I didn't figure that out sooner. :(

Here's a link to the Intermatic PF1202T Manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.