North Dallas Area
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Has anyone here ever taken one of these apart? Any tips or things to look out for? Both of mine have previously been replaced under warranty, but now one of the new ones is acting up again. I think it's allowing water to come through both directions somewhat, even when it's completely closed. I looked on youtube, but didn't see any tear down videos or anything...just basic operation, stuff like that.

So in case anyone is curious.. this is what it's doing. it's like it's slightly open to the right, when it's all the way over to the left...letting water and from the sound of it, air, through. that is not the suction side...but i imagine some air is getting through if water is.

So in case anyone is curious.. this is what it's doing. it's like it's slightly open to the right, when it's all the way over to the left...letting water and from the sound of it, air, through. that is not the suction side...but i imagine some air is getting through if water is.

I think your problem is in the diverter the Intellivalve sits on top of and not the Intellivalve.

Remove the Intellivalve and then open up the valve and check the diverter and how well it is sealing against the opening.

full

full

Reactions: Snikwah
I think your problem is in the diverter the Intellivalve sits on top of and not the Intellivalve.

Remove the Intellivalve and then open up the valve and check the diverter and how well it is sealing against the opening.

full

full
interesting..ok cool. i'll check it out, thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.