IntelliTouch random changes after power failure

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
This has happened multiple times this year... but last night the worst. We had a power failure just after midnight that lasted for about 5 seconds. When we woke up this morning we see that our bubbler pump was running all night. Cant wait for that bill. When IntelliTouch loses power then comes back, in MANY cases, circuits come on that were not on before power loss. During teh day we can see it and turn it off... last night, it ran for over 6 hours before we saw it.

This is the older IntelliTouch from 6 years ago... the one that is still using 1990's technology. :(

Anyone else have this happen? Any fix? Service call to have human load new firmware for a few hundred $?

What firmware version are you running, and when the Intellitouch comes back up, what time is set on it?

I've seen this happen with a dead clock battery (the 3v coin cell)... upon power-up it initializes to 12pm, so it turned on the pump that was scheduled for 9am to 2pm or so.

I just checked the MobileTouch screen and it shows the correct time. So looks like time did not reset. I cannot remember how to get the firmware version from MobileTouch. My PC and mobile controls quit long ago and I decided not to replace the Ethernet to rs interface a third time. I'll search here... its a key combination to secret screen right?

Go to Menu > Setup > Advanced, and then press buttons 2 and 4 along the bottom. Sometimes it takes me a couple of tries because the faceplate is lousy ;)

However, I can't really see how an old version of firmware could be causing this. These controllers don't seem to get "flaky" too much and send random on/off sequences, so I wonder if the relay drivers (socketed unl2803 chips) could be going... maybe after a restart they come up in a bad state?? Seems like a stretch but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.