Intellitouch Mode Priority

Jun 23, 2014
CA
Hi all, I've tried all the settings and consulted the manual. I am obviously missing something or there is a bug- probably me.

Problem 1: If I manually turn on my hot tub it starts correctly 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, the valves are not commanded to move to the spa positions and I wind up heating the pool through the spa waterfall. The valves work fine. It's a control problem. If I switch to filter, then back to spa, the valves move to the correct positions.

Problem 2: If I manually turn on my hot tub before a scheduled pool filter start time, then the filter schedule starts, the valves switch to pool filter mode and cold water it pumped into the spa for the spa waterfall.

I think the two problems are related. I have priority enabled. At least I think so.

What am I missing?

What automation system do you have? What kind of pump do you have?

With automation the feature with the highest speed setting on the pump will win. You need to set your spa to have the highest speed over anything else. Try adjusting that in the settings and see if that fixes your problem. If not let us know and we can go from there.

Rob,

I have an EasyTouch and have not heard of "priority enabled." Not sure if I just missed it or if it is an IntelliTouch thing.

On the surface your question #2 seems normal to me.. If you turn something on manually and a schedule interrupts, I would expect the schedule item to take over..

On your question #2, I can't think of anything, programming wise, that would cause intermittent operation.. When valve actuators go bad, they are often intermittent, but they tend to get worse over time..

So, basically I am of no help with this one.. But, maybe you can teach me something.. Tell me about this priority enable,, What do you think it does and where I might find it??

Do you have ScreenLogic?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Allen,

I can't see how "Priority" has anything to do with the OP's issue.. He is switching on a different circuit before the scheduled start time.

But then again, Pentair is not known for writing a manual that most humans can understand.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Jim, Just what I could find on the setting. I don’t grok Pentair yet.

Problem 1 we need to understand what is happening in the 10% to see the pattern.

@robinasu does your spa spillover always run when in POOL mode? If so then Problem #2 is the way it should work. When the circuit time begins the valves reconfigure for the circuit as they should.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi all, I was hot tubbing last night. Beforehand, I switched Manual Priority Override to off (default). I thought MPO was something else, initially.

I do not have screenlogic.

Yes, when the pool filter runs the spa always gets 20% flow for the spa spillway.

Ok, so no matter the settings, if I turn on the spa, then the pool filter program runs, the valves will always reconfigure? That's kind of lame. You would think it would just delay the pool filter program.

Robin,

The only thing that is lame is how your system is plumbed.. With an automation system you do not need to have constant spa spillover.

I suspect that you have a make up valve that is constantly adding water to your spa or your Return valve is maladjusted to let the spa get water when you are in the pool mode.

If you were using the automation's spillway mode you would not have this issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Ok - I will look into the spillway mode. I looked at the setup more closely. The previous owner adjusted the outlet valve microswitch so the valve can never fully pump to the pool. It's an 80% pool / 20% spa split. I guess they always wanted the waterfall when the pump is on. The waterfall is the entire perimeter of the hot tub.

Thanks for all your input, everybody!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.