Intellitouch i5+3 - no communications

aroby

Jul 26, 2011
It appears that an electrical issue has affected my control board's ability to communicate with both my ICP and my nodejs-poolController. Somehow my RS-485 USB adapter developed a short between D+ and D- and now there is no communication between the ICP and the board, even after disconnecting my nodejs-poolController.

The board is c. 2014 and has 520165 version 1170 on it. Has anyone been able to repair one of these boards? I am not at my main home and don't have my electronics tools with me - it seems that this may just be a bad serial chip. Failing that, does anyone have a source for these boards? I assume that the part numbers have changed with newer releases.

Thanks for your help!

Closing this thread, since I fixed the problem. It turned out that I had a series of issues which appear to have started from my RS-485 USB device used by nodejs-poolController. This resulted in a failed RS-485 chip on my indoor control panel, and at least one failed chip (there are two) on my Intellitouch board. I replaced the USB device and all three chips and I am back up and running. Hope this is helpful for someone else!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.