Willis, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Any advice with regards to finding a vendor that has a 3HP IntelliFloXF 022056 in stock? I actually need 3. TIA

Duff,

I talked to these guys about Pentair equipment always being out of stock. They said they are always getting new equipment in, but it goes right back out the doors to those on their waiting list.

I have no clue what their wait time is, but it can't hurt to get on their list.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. My PB has been waiting on them since 6/6 from their distributor. I thought I'd ask the forum to see if I got lucky.

Maybe go with the new IntelliFlo3.

The performance is not as good as the IntelliFlo XF, but you might not have a choice if the builder can’t get the XF.

The installation manual says that it is compatible with the automation.

Maybe contact Pentair to see what they say.

Connecting to an Automation System

All IntelliFlo3 VSF and IntelliPro3 VSF pumps are compatible with Pentair automation systems.

Refer to the automation system manual for further details on connecting your pump to a specific automation system.

1658948465186.png

The XF is rated to 3,200 watts (13.9 amps at 230 volts) vs. the 3, which is rated at 2,590 watts (11.2 amps at 230 volts), which is 610 watts less and the flow is lower for the 3.

1658952961004.png

1658953153367.png

Duff,

https://www.polytecpools.com/Pentair-IntelliFloXF-VS-Variable-Speed-Pump_p_8843.html

I talked to these guys about Pentair equipment always being out of stock. They said they are always getting new equipment in, but it goes right back out the doors to those on their waiting list.

I have no clue what their wait time is, but it can't hurt to get on their list.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Note that that the above part number is discontinued and the new part number is below.

https://www.polytecpools.com/Pentair-IntelliFloXF-VSF-Variable-Speed-Pump-_p_9514.html

Using the old part number might cause a bad "Out of Stock" notice.

Reactions: Duffatola
Note that that the above part number is discontinued and the new part number is below.

https://www.polytecpools.com/Pentair-IntelliFloXF-VSF-Variable-Speed-Pump-_p_9514.html

Using the old part number might cause a bad "Out of Stock" notice.
Yes, I reference 022056 when I inquire. Awaiting response from the PB regarding Pool 360. Regarding a substitute pump if the XF is not available, the PB has asked whether I'd be interested in an IntelliFlo3 but I also see there's an IntelliPro 3 which is a 4HP. Could I perhaps mix and match based on system requirements(filter/Infinity edge/water features)?

the PB has asked whether I'd be interested in an IntelliFlo3 but I also see there's an IntelliPro 3 which is a 4HP.
The IntelliPro3 is the same as the IntelliFlo3.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The IntelliPro3 is the same as the IntelliFlo3.

1659373902744.png
My mistake, I think I was actually looking at the IntelliProXF 023056, which is a 4 HP. I've aske the PB to check availability.

What is the difference between the IntelliPro3 is the same as the IntelliFlo3? Is the Pro Trade Grade?

Maybe just call and check availability yourself and then have them hold three for your builder to pickup or you can pick them up if your builder has an account.

One location can usually check availability for other locations.

1659376857820.png

@JamesW

Based on the flow calcs you preformed, could I can use different pumps on different systems and not jeopardize performance? For example the IntelliPro XF for the water features and/or infinity edge and an IntelliFlo3 or IntelliFlo VSF as the filter pump?

For the filter, I think that during spa jet operation will be the highest flow with 6 jets at 20 gpm per jet, which is 120 gpm total.

The IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3 should be able to do that.

For the filter, I think that during spa jet operation will be the highest flow with 6 jets at 20 gpm per jet, which is 120 gpm total.

The IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3 should be able to do that.
Therefore:
Water Feature - IntelliPro XF
Filter - IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3
Infinity Edge - IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3

If I wanted to opt for more flow on the filter pump during spa jet operation:
Water Feature - IntelliPro XF
Filter - IntelliPro XF
Infinity Edge - IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3

Whether these pumps can be found is another story.

The IntelliFlo XF and IntelliPro XF are the same pump other than the color and I would use either for the Infinity edge and the water features.

For filtration, an IntelliFlo VSF or IntelliFlo3 would be acceptable but the XF is preferred.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.