IntelliFlow Pump Won’t Turn Off On Schedule

Hanstb

Gold Supporter
Sep 20, 2018
Miami, FL
Just as I am getting the pool chemistry down, a new hardware issue has arisen.

My IntelliFlow Pump is not turning off at the end of its scheduled runtime, the Intellitouch shuts off the intelichem and the swcg but the pump continues to operate, the same thing happens with egg-timer programs, the function operates the pump and then leaves it on indefinitely. I noticed that the light associated with the pump filter button on the intellitouch begins to blink at the end of the schedule, I am nearly certain it was turning off before.

Has anyone seen this before?

Hans,

I believe that the Pump/Filter light flashing means there is a delay in the system.. The ET is waiting for something to complete its task.

I suspect this is being caused by you "screwing" with how the SWCG and IntelliChem work together, but have no idea what...

Sorry,

Jim R.

Hans, do you have ScreenLogic? The app has a "Delays and Alerts" page. If it is a delay, maybe it'll show up there and give you a clue...

Jim,

That's a plausible theory, but I have the same issue regardless of whether the "IntelliChem Present" check box is selected or not. The only delays I am aware of are the Heater Cool Down, Valve Operation and Heater Priority, none are active on my system at the moment. What's more, the IntelliTouch is de-energizing the IntelliChem and the SWCG at the end of the scheduled run, it only runs the pump, nothing else.

Dirk,

The Delay and Alerts page does not show anything active while the pump is running, I must be missing something, but I have been unable to find a reference to this in the manual.

One thing I did notice is that the system will revert to Pool speed at the end of a schedule or timed feature even if that function used a higher RPM, the pump will then operate at pool rpm until I shut it off manually. So if everything is OFF (including the pump, after a manual reset) and I select the spa jets, the pump will go to 3450 rpm for 30 minuets, at the end of the EGG-TIMER the pump will slow to 1100 rpm and continue to run at low speed until I turn it off manually!

The only plausible explanation I can see for this is if the system was trying to reach a temperature set-point, but the heaters are all OFF.

David,

There are no overlapping or conflicting schedules, in an attempt to eliminate variables, I deleted all the scheduling and only have one schedule programed. I am testing the EGG-TIMER outside the timeframe of the one programmed schedule and I have verified the system time is correct.

I believe I have figured it out, but if I'm right, this should not be!

Note: Everything is being controlled through ScreenLogic, my Indoor Control Panel is inoperative (replacement ordered), the screen failed.

When I filled the pool last week, I turned the heaters off, both on the Pool/Spa pages of the ScreenLogic App and at the breaker panel for added protection since I manually bypassed the plumbing to the heaters, this was done to isolate the heat exchangers from the pool water while I tackled the high TA by maintaining a low pH and aerating. I also set the pump to run 24/7 so the problem did not present itself right away.

I did not alter the temperature set points, I simply selected OFF on the Pool Page and OFF on the Spa Page.

Just now I ran a test, I turned the heaters back ON, but ran the set points down well below the actual water temperature, now when a schedule or feature time is up, the pump throttles down and turns off as it is supposed to! I then turned the Heaters OFF again and the pump continued to follow the scheduled commands normally.

It appears as though the combination of turning the heater off in the software and at the breaker panel did not fully suspend the IntelliTouch's programing, it seems the controller was still trying to run the pump in an attempt to raise the water temperature based on the original set points, since no heat was present, that caused the constant ON condition of the pump.

I will continue to monitor the pump to make sure it is following the programmed schedules.

Thanks for the input, Jim's post sent me in the right direction.

Agreed, but it's the only thing that makes sense. Unless something else was going on and coincidently stopped when I brought the heaters back online. Either way it seems to be back to normal, when I get a chance I will try and recreate the condition by setting the temperature for heat then turning off and bypassing the heaters.

Edit: While I agree this is weird and should not be, I have had numerous issues with ScreenLodgic running on iOS and Mac, so I am also not surprised by the gremlins that pop up from time to time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.