Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

For those with the Pentair app they forced a new version and update. Now that I have the new app the instruction manual on the pump which includes using the app makes no sense. I am unable to create programs (chemical add, cleaning, modifying pump speed at different times of day, etc). The app is almost useless with the exception of turning on my side all vacuum, pump, and lights. It is so basic it is painful. I’m going through the Pentair manual (pool built last year) and according to the manual it looks like the app used to be able to do all sorts of cool things like setting my pump to run at varying speeds throughout the day. Am I missing something? Picture of manual is what it says the app does, screenshot is from the app.

Attachments

• IMG_2579.png
    IMG_2579.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 6
Matt,

Do you have a standalone pump, or do you have an EasyTouch or IntelliCenter automation system???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, that is a great question. How would I know this? There is a large beige panel that I can open and inside is a small touchscreen that gives me the same options as the app.

Matt,

Sounds like you have the new IntelliCenter.

Unfortunately, I don't speak much IntelliCenter.. :(

If you have the IntelliCenter you don't use the app for the IntelliFlo3 pump.

Let's call in Allen, who knows a lot more about using the IntelliCenter than I do..

Calling @ajw22

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
@Mattikuss IntellICenter used to have a dedicated app for automation access. This was merged with the original Pentair Home app which is shown in the manual you are referring to. Both are obsolete and replaced by a homogenization of the two, which maintains the Pentair Home namesake. This is why you are confused by the change.

Go to you Dashboard as shown in your screenshot. Locate "Menu" in the bottom right. It's one of only 3 options. Then:

Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings

Go crazy and have fun with it.

Last edited: