Intelliflo3 I/O board.

Isaadidin

Oct 9, 2023
Dallas, TX
Hello, I bought this pentair I/O board for my intelliflo3 hoping that i can connect my heater to it. I have a Raypack R206A-EN-C 220V gas heater and the heater is capable for remote wiring. It has three wires for remote access, power 24V AC, pool, and spa. Should I be able to connect and control this heater through the APP? and where do i connect the three wires?

Isaa,

The relay card is going to allow the app to turn the heater on and off, but it does not have the capability to select Pool or Spa.

In the big picture is does not matter, as I assume that you do not have an automation system, so you will be manually switching your valves from the Pool mode to the Spa mode and then back.

You would use the low current relay and run the 24 VAC from the heater into the line side of the relay. Then connect the load side of the relay back to the heater. When you select the relay in the app, the relay will close and allow the 24 VAC to go back to the heater, turning it on.

You will have to control the set point for the water temp at the heater.

If you have an automation system, then you should not need the relay card at all.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.