Intelliflo VSF 3 Running at Higher Speed than Program

markasanders

Sep 29, 2022
Arlington, TX
Hello, I am running a Pentair Intelliflo VSF 3 with an iAqualink 3 control system through a communication link. The pumps was installed last year and was performing great.

It seemed that everything had been working fine until I reinstalled my intellichlor cell this spring (there is no interconnection to pump or iaqualink). My pump is set to run in two modes, pool and spa (1750 and 2750 rpm, respectively). Through observation, I noted my pump running at 2750 rpm rather than its current setting and mode at 1750 rpm. I have checked all of my programming and system setup, but can find no reason for the pump to run at the higher speed. In addition, I have rechecked the salt cell and cleaned my cartridge filter (along with skimmer and suction basket), so there are no known flow restrictions. Also, I have powered all systems down in an attempt to reset. Note that the pump does occasionally run at the set, lower speed of 1750 rpm.

Could you help me, please? Is there any reason or situation which would cause the pump to run at the higher (spa) speed instead of the lower (pool) speed to which it is set?

Welcome to TFP.

Are you programming using the iAqualink phone app or iAqualink Web Connect?

Show us screen prints of your schedules and your VSP Setup pages.

Maybe @PoolGate @MSchutzer can have a look.

Reactions: markasanders
Welcome to TFP.

Are you programming using the iAqualink phone app or iAqualink Web Connect?

Show us screen prints of your schedules and your VSP Setup pages.

Maybe @PoolGate @MSchutzer can have a look.
Thanks for your reply.

I have set a schedule in the WEB app to basically run 24/7, but it does shut down and restart once a day. The Intelliflo just appears to be changing speed on its own. Although I have the Pentair Home app, I only use it to monitor the status of the pump. Attached are the screenshots of my iAaqualink WEB interface.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_132509_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_132509_iAquaLink.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240327_132521_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_132521_iAquaLink.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240327_132532_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_132532_iAquaLink.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240327_132448_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_132448_iAquaLink.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 9
Although I have the Pentair Home app, I only use it to monitor the status of the pump.

Is Pentair HOME able to connect to the Intelliflo3 pump while the Aqualink is controlling it?

You have a mixed system that neither vendor will support.

I wonder if you have a conflict between the Aqualink controller and Pentair HOME.

Are you sure you have no schedules or programming in Pentair HOME for the pump?

You might also try and set the filter/pump run times so they are contiguous through a single day, and not wrapping around a day boundary at midnight. I would also make the start time before the stop time.

For example try a start time of 12:01am and a stop time 11:59pm and see if it behaves better. I'm not sure how smart the Aqualink software is when wrapping around midnight, and if it's really smart enough to understand that the stop time of 10 am is really after 10:10 am.

You might also try and set the filter/pump run times so they are contiguous through a single day, and not wrapping around a day boundary at midnight. I would also make the start time before the stop time.

For example try a start time of 12:01am and a stop time 11:59pm and see if it behaves better. I'm not sure how smart the Aqualink software is when wrapping around midnight, and if it's really smart enough to understand that the stop time of 10 am is really after 10:10 am.
Good point!

Is Pentair HOME able to connect to the Intelliflo3 pump while the Aqualink is controlling it?

You have a mixed system that neither vendor will support.

I wonder if you have a conflict between the Aqualink controller and Pentair HOME.

Are you sure you have no schedules or programming in Pentair HOME for the pump?
The Pentair Home App connects and only reports pump status. The App reads "Pump controlled by Automation ".

Mixed system is not desirable and is only because of previous owner and my pool professional.

When does it run at the higher speed? Did you change any of the keywords on the speed screen? You should not change them. "Filter Pump" should be "Pool".

jandy.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you. Ok, I actually did change that label but have since changed it back. It seems that the change in speed is random. I did run in spa mode at 2750 rpm for a few minutes and changed back to pool, but it did not change speed to 1750rpm?

Do an entire system reboot (power off/on) just to make sure.

How are you commanding Aqualink to go into Spa mode?

Can you show a "status" screen when it is in Spa mode and when it is in regular mode?

**Looks like you changed "SPA" to "Spa" too. Change them all back to proper case.

***Are you using the OneTouch buttons?