intelliflo clock resets when power is out. Which module do I replace?

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Have a Intelliflo VSP who has that ridiculous clock reset when power out issue. I'm looking to find the part to fix/replace it but apparently have 2 options. Do I replace the Drive itself? (Believe part is 356880z), or the keypad assembly (believe its 357527Z). Dunno where this failed capacitor is located and would not want to duplicate parts.

This thread leads me to believe the clock capacitor is in the drive.

Have you check the price of the drive? I believe it is $600-$700.

Pentair customer service confirmed it should retain the time for 96 hours, and stated that if it wasn't, something was wrong with "the capacitor that holds the time." The only thing that could fix this is "replacing the drive," which they didn't recommend because "it's as expensive as the whole pump."

I have an Intelliflo VS (011018) that has never, to the best of my knowledge, retained the time. Settings yes, and maybe it doesn't lose it on a few second glitch, but every real power outage has the time messed up. Has anyone actually had one retain the time, and if you are sure it did when new does it still after a couple years? This is a common enough complaint that I wonder how it's really supposed to work, despite the Pentair CS statement. I wouldn't even count on a replacement drive addressing it (and even then for how long).

Definitely an annoying aspect of an otherwise great pump -- I wouldn't mind replacing a CR2032 cell every year or so if they'd done it that way.

I would think it would be cheaper to get the IntelliConnect or IntelliSync and control the pump with those.

From what I read and looked at it is, around 400ish. It's a little ridiculous to invest that into the pump. Thought it'd be a cheaper fix but oh well. It'll be the next homeowners headache.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.