Intelliconnect needs jumpers for IN load on relays?

I have ordered the temp sensor and will install it the moment it arrives, so no on that so far.

That is why the IntelliConnect is not controlling the iChlor.

Last edited:
I determined I have closer to an 8K pool, based on the amount of salt it took it to jump to 3000ppm..

Did you test for salt before adding the 4 bags of salt? Every time you add liquid chlorine to the pool you add salt too, so I'm guessing you already had a significant amount of salt in the water already. Did your regular additions of chlorine increase your FC by the expected amount? Your volume might really be closer to 10K as you originally thought.

I also expected the SWG to turn off when the pump was turned off. Another one of the quirks of the Intelliconnect. I have learned to just check and make sure the SWG output lights are off to verify that it's no longer working whenever I turn off the pump. It's also easy to turn off the CB for the SWG too, just to be sure.

Did you test for salt before adding the 4 bags of salt? Every time you add liquid chlorine to the pool you add salt too, so I'm guessing you already had a significant amount of salt in the water already. Did your regular additions of chlorine increase your FC by the expected amount? Your volume might really be closer to 10K as you originally thought.

I also expected the SWG to turn off when the pump was turned off. Another one of the quirks of the Intelliconnect. I have learned to just check and make sure the SWG output lights are off to verify that it's no longer working whenever I turn off the pump. It's also easy to turn off the CB for the SWG too, just to be sure.
Thanks Jeff! I did NOT test before hand so yeah, I use liquid chlorine almost exclusively, only adding pucks in a few of the hotest parts of summer when I'm out of town for a week. Currently at 65 ppm CYA! yay! Now to monitor salt level. how much should I trust the "GOOD" on the SWG?

OH I got this, but this isn't really saying the IntelliCHLOR has a bad sensor, it's just there is not a temp sensor currently installed. Coming soon!

I'm not sure if that error is from the missing temp sensor or a problem with the iChlor30. I would wait until you also have the water temp sensor running before we can determine if the iChlor30 has a bad sensor.

Now to monitor salt level. how much should I trust the "GOOD" on the SWG?

How are you testing for salt? You need to get a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit to determine what your actual salt level is. Bottom line - If the cell is happy and working, then you should be good to go!

I'm not sure if that error is from the missing temp sensor or a problem with the iChlor30. I would wait until you also have the water temp sensor running before we can determine if the iChlor30 has a bad sensor.

How are you testing for salt? You need to get a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit to determine what your actual salt level is. Bottom line - If the cell is happy and working, then you should be good to go!
Yah, I got the kit, that was on the list when I bought the SWG. :) I'm at 3K ppm of salt right now.

Reactions: jklocke

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.