Intellichlor swg and screen logic. Which supersedes the other?

Zalick

Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2023
Portland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I have an IC 20 and screen logic. The IC 20 has the 20% light on but the screen logic is set to 5%. I assume the IC20 is controlling because my chlorine level is slowly creeping up despite daily swimming and some organic matter in the pool. But logically it seems like the screen logic, if set, should override the pump settings.
I’m
Which one supercedes?

I couldn’t find an answer online or in the manuals.

Z,

How old is your cell??? Cells produced in the last five years (or so) will flash when set below 10%... Depending on the age of the cell, the lights mean different things.

Does your cell have two scales.. one on top of the lights from 2% to 10%.. and one below the lights from 20% to 100%??

If you adjust ScreenLogic to say 60%, do the sanitizer lights change to 60%?

When the EasyTouch is connected correctly, you can't use the up/dn buttons on the cell to change the output.

Let me know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Z,

How old is your cell??? Cells produced in the last five years (or so) will flash when set below 10%... Depending on the age of the cell, the lights mean different things.

Does your cell have two scales.. one on top of the lights from 2% to 10%.. and one below the lights from 20% to 100%??

If you adjust ScreenLogic to say 60%, do the sanitizer lights change to 60%?

When the EasyTouch is connected correctly, you can't use the up/dn buttons on the cell to change the output.

Let me know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I don’t know the age, but over 5 years I believe. The light is actually at 40% I think. And the screen logic app on my phone is set to 5%. When I change the output on my phone, the lights on the IC20 don’t change.

Attachments

• IMG_2664.jpeg
    IMG_2664.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 1
And I’m an idiot. When i was troubleshooting no chlorination a month ago, I unplugged the intelichem panel. Could that be the issue? :LOL:

Z,

I missed the IntelliChem... When you have an IntelliChem (which we do not recommend) the IntelliChem controls the SWCG operation..

Not many here have the IntelliChem, and I have no personal experience with it. :(

Obviously, reconnect the IntelliChem and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jim R.