Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’ve read most of the related threads on the topic, but looking for validation. New build, just added salt. Easy touch with Whisperflo VSP. Turned off pump to reset SWCG, but it stayed lit up. My research and review of wiring leads me to believe the PB wired the SWCG transformer to the line side of the filter pump relay, when it should be on the load side. For the pro’s Does this seem to check based on the below photos?

Attachments

• CBF4781C-E363-44AB-AA0F-D15902290EA5.jpeg
    CBF4781C-E363-44AB-AA0F-D15902290EA5.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 26
  • BC4F224E-6E47-49C4-B5C9-C1A91832EB83.png
    BC4F224E-6E47-49C4-B5C9-C1A91832EB83.png
    443.2 KB · Views: 22
J,

The Yellow and White wires from the SWCG transformer should be on the load side of the Pump/Filter relay (Top left)

Where do the Red and Black wires on the load side of the pump/filter relay currently go???

Do you have a single speed pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

It’s a Pentair WhisperFlo Variable Speed pump. Those white and yellow wires are currently on the line side, tied direct with the breaker. The load side has the black/red wires that head to the pump. It appears the pump and SWCG are backwards. Not sure if you can make that out in the picture to check my math.

J,

The SWCG transformer should be on the load (output) side of the relay.

Any VS pump needs constant AC power, so it needs to be on the Line (input) side of the relay.

I agree, the pump and SWCG transformer wires are connected backwards and need to be reversed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: tucsontico
Thanks Jim. I think it’s all fixed up now. To be sure though, with constant power, should my pump screen always be on, i.e. blinking auto, speed zero, when no active circuit is telling it to run. Previously the filterpump relay was removing power all together, so it was blank. Just want to be sure this is normal behavior.

J,

Your VS pump should have constant AC power.

When connected to the automation and in the Auto mode, the display should show "Display Not Active". This shows the automation is controlling the pump. It does not matter if the pump is running or not, it should always show "Display not active".

If you go into the Service mode, the pump is no longer being controlled by the automation and should show an RPM screen with zero RPM, assuming it is not running.

Please check again..

Did you buy this house with the automation already installed?

It sounds like you might have lost your RS-485 com port that controls the pump. Is there a cable between the pump' control panel and your automation?

I assume you have an IntelliFlo pump, is that true?

Show me a pic of the pump and a pic of the EasyTouch with the door at the top dropped down.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,

I’ve actually got a Whisperflo VST, maybe that’s the difference. It shows a cycling “Auto” and the scheduled speed on the pump, and auto on the EasyTouch 8. I think I must have Data comm, the panel has been rewired to provide constant line voltage to the pump and load-side power to SWCG and the pump is adjusting RPM according to programmed schedule.

Also added pool configuration to signature. Apologize for any confusion.

Pictures below.

Attachments

• 6B56E101-A83F-4172-8587-3512AB647C63.jpeg
    6B56E101-A83F-4172-8587-3512AB647C63.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 0D6F1BF7-C149-4B82-B109-3F93EA8901EC.jpeg
    0D6F1BF7-C149-4B82-B109-3F93EA8901EC.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 2
  • D4C6458A-EFFD-420C-B813-0077708481C7.jpeg
    D4C6458A-EFFD-420C-B813-0077708481C7.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 3
J,

So... I kind of lost my place on this one... :(

Does the EasyTouch control your pump? Does the pump run the schedule that is in your EasyTouch? Does the EasyTouch control your pump's speed?

The WhisperFlo VST is a new on for me.. But it sounds like it is working as it should.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yep, all seems to function as expected, just that the screen never turns off. I’ll chalk it up to new pump, not intelliflo. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.