Intellichlor IC20 Clean Cell Message and low ph

Robbo

May 30, 2010
Just North of Toronto
I have a Intellichlor IC20 and about a week ago i noticed that my chlorine levels were close to nil. a little investigation revealed the "inspect cell" light had started flashing on the unit and my Easytouch panel said to clean cell. I removed the IC20 and inspected it and it looked clean (as it always has whenever i check it). Regardless after doing some research on TFP i have cleaned it and hooked it up again three times each with increasingly stronger concentrations of muriatic acid. Nothing has changed. I held down the more button and the 80% light is lit so it has about 8,000 hours of use (it was manufactured in 2010).

So i figure i need a new unit and am probably going to upgrade to an IC40 but wanted to ask if low ph at all cause these message in the IC20?
ph = was 6.8 (I have been slowly increasing it and it's closer to 7.2 this morning)
chlorine = 5 as i have some pucks in the skimmer (it's been difficult to get liquid chlorine these days)
alkalinity = 70
salt = 3900

Thanks

Your IC20 is depleted. Low pH does not effect the cell. Time for a new cell. You got your monies worth out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.