Intellichlor IC-40 cell light does not come on amd no chlorine is produced.

Tabbo

May 1, 2024
Loveland, oh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
After our pool was opened for the season last week our Intellichlor IC-40 u it isn't working. The salt level light is green as is the flow light. No other lights are on and no chlorine is produced. We are using the intelliconnect remote system and when trying to set the chlorine level it says the system is offline. However all other components of the Intelliconnect system are working and responding.
Does this mean the cell is bad and we need to replace it?

An electrician set it up 3 years ago and it has been working fine until.this season. I was looking at the circuit board diagram and I only see multiple connectors for the pump, the water heater and the water temp.sensor.
Beyond that I am clueless.

An electrician set it up 3 years ago and it has been working fine until.this season. I was looking at the circuit board diagram and I only see multiple connectors for the pump, the water heater and the water temp.sensor.
Beyond that I am clueless.
The fact that. The cell light on the Intellichlor doesn't light up males me suspect the cell.is bad. We are going into our 7th season of summer only usage.

tab,

Could be bad, but then the cell light usually flashes..

Most cells last 5 to 7 years, so you are near the end of life...

The problem is that I have no IntelliConnect experience... and, the Intelliconnect does not control the cell like every other Pentair automation systems do...

The IntelliConnect shuts the cell's output off, when the pump is not being told to run.. If the sanitizer light are off, the cell light would never come on.

Did anyone reprogram anything recently? Change anything to do with the pump??

Thanks,

Jim R.

We had a new company open the pool for the 1st time. When they closed the pool last fall they basically took everything apart in the filter and disconnected the intellichlor from the power source. Our former company didn't dismantle the filter but they did unplug the intellichlor.
Everything else in in the Intelliconnect system is working except for the chlorinator.
The fact that those systems.respond to that app makes me doubt the app is the problem even though the error message indicates the intellichlor is offline. Interestingly the app can read the salt level and water temp which are connected to the intellichlor readings as far as i know.Seems to me if the cell isn't any good it would not allow the intelliconnect app to communicate and raise or lowered the chlorine settings.
Even when I try to manually set the chlorine level it won't stay on.
I am totally baffled.

Last.fall we had the seals and gaskets replaced on the pump about a month before we closed the pool but there were no indications of any chlorine output issues. Not sure if these screenshots help....

1000006943.jpg1000006944.jpg1000006945.jpg

You said the intelliconnect system doesn't control the intellichlor but I sent you the screenshots of it and it seems to me it does, in fact, communicate with it.
If this doesn't help, I understand and really appreciate you trying to help me out.

You said the intelliconnect system doesn't control the intellichlor
No.. I said it controls the IntelliChlor differently than all the other Pentair automation systems...

It appears to me that your VSF pump is "offline", not the cell... :scratch:

Some VSF pumps have F/W that has intermittent com issues.

Look at your pump and see if the display shows "Display not active".. (It should)

Put the system in the Service mode, if that is possible with the IntelliConnect or disconnect the com cable from the pump, and then use the pump's display and find the F/W version.. 3.03 and 3.04 are faulty.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for that but I'd have to say that is above my pay grade. I am not a technical person. My pump is online and working just at a lower speed due to the lateness of the hour. Having said that I need to table this as well. Have an early wake up call. Thanks again.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support