Santa Barbara, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I fired up the IntelliChlor on my new pool yesterday. I'm controlling the intelliChlor with an IntelliCenter running firmware version 1.064.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I would like to turn off the IntelliChlor a few minutes prior to the filter pump turning off at the end of the day in an attempt to flush the salt cell and perhaps extend its life. My configuration is as follows:
Screenshot 2023-05-01 4.43.48 PM.png
I at first thought the hours setting on the right would do the trick (pump runs for 9 hours while SWCG runs for 8 hours) but just realized that setting is most likely tied to Super-Chlorinate.
Anybody have any idea how to do what I want - or if I should even worry about it - or if maybe nodejs-poolController has this functionality if IntelliCenter does not. Thanks.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I would like to turn off the IntelliChlor a few minutes prior to the filter pump turning off at the end of the day in an attempt to flush the salt cell and perhaps extend its life.

There is no reason to do that.

Reactions: mknauss
ds,

Just no reason at all to do that.

But, one thing you could do is set up a feature circuit called "whatever you want".

If you have say the Pool Circuit scheduled to run from say 8 am until 8 pm.. The SWCG will be on from 8 am until 8 pm
If you schedule the "whatever you want" circuit to come on at 8 pm and turn off at 8:15 pm then the pump will run an additional 15 minutes, but the SWCG will be off.

The key here is that the SWCG will only run if you are in the Pool or Spa mode. The pump will on anytime there is a circuit on that has a speed assigned.

That said, a total waste of effort to do.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

But, one thing you could do is set up a feature circuit called "whatever you want".
Thanks Jim. I'm still getting to know the arcane programming of the IntelliCenter. It's not intuitive to this retired software engineer. I added a feature circuit called "CoolDown" (did not see any such feature like the EasyTouch has) and scheduled it to start running when the filter pump schedule ends.

The intellichlor also may not be running when the pump shuts off. Depending on your percentage setting you would have to have the pump shut off during a SWG “chlorinate” session to not be flushed out already. And even then when power shuts to pump it winds down … eg the flow takes a few seconds to stop —- but i think the Intellicenter shuts power to SWG immediately when pump shuts so the residual flow may accomplish what you want????

(did not see any such feature like the EasyTouch has)
ds,

I'm sure your IntelliCenter is the same as my EasyTouch. You can use a pull down to select from a set of predefined Circuit Names, OR you can set up any circuit name you want to use.

My "Whatever you want" name was just my way of saying you can use whatever name that you want to use. The circuit name is just a way for you to remember what the circuit does, it has no impact on what the circuit actually does or how it does it. You can use any name you want, as the automation does not use the name itself for anything. To the automation, Aux 1 will always be Aux 1 no matter what you name it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.