Palm City/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I noticed this last week. Seemed to be quite a few times I couldn't connect. But it was on with a second attempt. Now today once again it's dead. Is everybody seeing this? My app and the 3rd party app from Monty are working fine with the local login. Internet is working great so that's not the issue. See below screenshot.

Chris

1598194439129.png

Looks like neither the login endpoint at https://intellicenter.com/service/login or the websocket endpoint at wss://intellicenter.com/api/websocket are functioning.

As you say local connectivity will always work and doesn't rely on their servers. Invest in a RPi for about $50 and install IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps to allow you to use Monty's app away from home. The Gateway app even allows you to create your own custom Alexa skill since the official app isn't available for now.

I wonder if they use Cloud Flare? There have been several outages this week (albeit short) that has affected a LOT of websites (including this one). Not sure what's been going on, but it seems out of the ordinary. Or perhaps, totally expected for 2020. I don't know why my hashtag hasn't started trending yet... #Y2K20 :)

Looks like neither the login endpoint at https://intellicenter.com/service/login or the websocket endpoint at wss://intellicenter.com/api/websocket are functioning.

As you say local connectivity will always work and doesn't rely on their servers. Invest in a RPi for about $50 and install IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps to allow you to use Monty's app away from home. The Gateway app even allows you to create your own custom Alexa skill since the official app isn't available for now.

@guiness,

We don't have a desktop computer anymore as we've both migrated to laptops. Instead of a RPi, I do have an old 12 v computer that I built for navigation during our blue water sailing days will the gateway work on it? Thinking about updating it and making it dedicated for the gateway. Does this make sense to you? Can leave it on full time in my office. I have Type-1 and Type-2 surge protection plus a whole house back-up generator with auto transfer switch... seems to me this would be way better reliability than I've experienced from Intellicenter.

Chris

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with Cloudflare or Covid, but simply engineering issues at Pentair. See this this post for a explanation around the server scalability issues they're facing.

Chris, how old is that computer and what OS does it run? I would think RPi is still a better option if only in long term power consumption terms.

It runs win 10. Upgraded right after Win 10 came out. Probably runs more power than RPi but still very low about 4 amps at 12 v using solid state ps. Designed for overnight sailing and to interface with the autopilot plus radar alarms. After it's up and running in this applicationI would power down the display. Just want to try to get this running with what I have on-hand if possible. Then if it works I'd do something else longer term. RPi would be good. I have some old Arduino and ESP 32 boards also but I don't think the programming language is compatible with RPi.

Chris

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.