Intellicenter Load Center - Type 3R enclosure

dvmak

Jan 8, 2012
On the inside cover of the load center I see that it states then when used outdoors it needs a Type 3R cover over the rectangular area. Assuming that's the high voltage area within the load center. Is the cover that comes with the load center not type 3R?

Donald

Donald,

Apparently, you are the only one of us that can read, as I had never seen that statement before, but there it is on inside of the cabinet door. :mrgreen:

They must mean the metal panel that comes with the load center, as there are thousands and thousands of EasyTouch, IntelliTouch, and New IntelliCenter automation systems that are installed outside. If this was an additional piece of equipment, it would have certainly come up by now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

On the inside cover of the load center I see that it states then when used outdoors it needs a Type 3R cover over the rectangular area. Assuming that's the high voltage area within the load center. Is the cover that comes with the load center not type 3R?

Donald

Donald, the yellow box states that when used outdoors it needs a Type 3R cover over the rectangular area.

A few liness down are the various specifications for the IntelliCenter panel.

The first specification in the red box says "TYPE3R "Rainproof" (IPX3) Enclosure suitable for INDOOR and OUTDOOR USE".

So the warning in the yllow box simply is saying to keep the door on the cabinet and closed when being used outdoors.

IC Type3R NEMA Cabinet.jpg

If you use the opening on the side for a GFCI you need an "In use" weatherproof cover. Thats what they are saying.

Ahha, that makes the most sense when explained in simple terms not engineering speak.

Reactions: dvmak
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.