Castro Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just installed my new Intellicenter Indoor Control Panel and it wont power on. Screen just stays off. I've tried connecting it to two different COM ports at the control panel, but nothing.
I've looked around in the Intellicenter controls to see if I need to enable it somewhere, but don't see anything (the Pentair documentation also makes no mention of needing to do this, but, hey, it's Pentair documentation).

Anyone know if I'm missing something? Is there a need to enable it somewhere?

Did you connect all four RS-485 wires?

The ICP needs four wires connected to power it and not just the yellow/green data wires.

Yep. 4 wires. red, yellow, green, black, each connected to the comm port. same 4 wires that were being used for my Easytouch remote (which was working).

Check continuity on the wires.

The red and black wires should be supplying voltage and you should see the ICP display light up.

Have you taken the ICP outside and connected it using a short length of wire?

I connected the ICP to the system using 4 short lengths of wire. Did it using 2 different COMM ports. Same result: ICP display does not light up. Seems either I have more than one defective COMMport on my new Intellicenter (power leads only, since control circuits work for the chlorinator and a pump), or I have a dead out of the box brand new ICP. Both seem like unlikely explanations. Any other thoughts?

I've looked around in the Intellicenter controls to see if I need to enable it somewhere
1. Configure the ICP on both OCP and ICP: From the Main Outdoor Control Panel Home screen, tap Settings > Advanced System Configuration > IntelliCenter Indoor Panel Setup > Indoor Panel #1 (Repeat if a second ICP (#2) is connected). Repeat this procedure again for the ICP, starting from the ICP Home Screen. Select Assign this Panel to Indoor Panel #1 (on the Indoor Panel Enable screen). If configuring a second ICP (#2), then select Assign this Panel to Indoor Panel #2.

"Settings > Advanced System Configuration > IntelliCenter Indoor Panel Setup"
That path does not exist on my system. There is no IntelliCenter Indoor Panel Setup anywhere.

What firmware version do you have in the IntelliCenter?

Check for voltage between black and red wires.

Check the CBs in the upper right of the outdoor display.

Post pic of your IntelliCenter board and tell us which connectors you tried to connect the ICP to.

What firmware version do you have in the IntelliCenter?

Post pic of your IntelliCenter board and tell us which connectors you tried to connect the ICP to.
Will do (will be 12 hours before I'm home)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1. Configure the ICP on both OCP and ICP: From the Main Outdoor Control Panel Home screen, tap Settings > Advanced System Configuration > IntelliCenter Indoor Panel Setup > Indoor Panel #1 (Repeat if a second ICP (#2) is connected). Repeat this procedure again for the ICP, starting from the ICP Home Screen. Select Assign this Panel to Indoor Panel #1 (on the Indoor Panel Enable screen). If configuring a second ICP (#2), then select Assign this Panel to Indoor Panel #2.
@Ahultin Do you have an ICP?

Do you show the ICP settings on your IntelliCenter?

I suspect that the IntelliCenter does not expose options if it does not see the ICP.

I suspect that the IntelliCenter does not expose options if it does not see the ICP.
I do not, i pulled the instructions from the intellicenter install manual (which interesting enough differ from the instructions for icp)

Yes. Indoor control panel.
No, I see no reference to it. There are options to add other items, such as spa-side remotes and wifi control panels

No detectable voltage between the black and red wires on either COMM port. This is with the panel powered (and tried with pump running). Seems like there should be power here.

1693534686086.jpeg

1693534884842.jpeg
As marked.

Thanks.

Have you tried to read voltage with the multimeter from black to red? If you are getting voltage, I would remove everything else from the rs485, connect your icp outside via short connectors to isolate if it is the problem or something else.

What devices are connected to your RS-485 connectors?

Disconnect all the devices from RS-485 and see if you have voktage on the black and red wires.

The SWCG board, the ICP, and the filter pump control wires are connected to COM ports. I disconnected everything from the COM ports, still no voltage detected at red and black posts, for either Com A or Com B.

There is also a spa-side remote connected to a different port with 6 wires.

The 4 button spa side remote should not affect the RS-485 lines.

Do you have the IntelliChlor integrated in the IntelliCenter?

You can continue to disconnect things on the board and strip it down to the way it was out of the box and see if the ICP can get power. That will rule out any connection effecting it.

The ICP has its own processor and firmware and with just power it will light up and display icons.

I think you are at the point where you need to call Pentair support and make a warranty claim.

I don’t know of any switch or fuse that controls the RS-485 power lines.

Most of the devices people are connecting to their IntelliCenter don’t use the RS-485 power and they would not even know if it was dead.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.