Intellicenter Heater and Pump link

pskkd930

In The Industry
Jan 19, 2022
Atlanta
I have a Mastertemp heater with an Intellicenter control panel. The Mastertemp is connected to the Intellicenter though the RS485 and the bypass is connected to the Intellicenter (instead of the Mastertemp) board due to the known cooldown issues. I have the bypass valve set to the Heater circuit and I have a pump circuit set to Heater with a speed of 2050. When I set the pool to heat, the bypass valve works fine, but the pump never starts. The heater also never starts unless I turn on a pump though another method and then it works fine(which is likely the flow switch). I can't figure out why the pump will not start. I have tested this with no schedules running and with schedules running and the result is the same.

For the record, I also have a SPA that is always set to heat and use a Circuit Group to set SPA and pump speed.
For the pool I just on and off the heater since i don't want to heat all the time

1713879926288.png

1713879956022.png

When I set the pool to heat, the bypass valve works fine, but the pump never starts.

Are you in POOL mode when you "set the pool to heat"? If so the filter pump should already be running.

What mode are you in?

Pool mode, yes. When I turn on pool mode I see the SWG kick on, but no pump which I think is maybe because I don't have a pump associated with just pool? Even if it did, it would be slower than what I need for heat

Pool mode, yes. When I turn on pool mode I see the SWG kick on, but no pump which I think is maybe because I don't have a pump associated with just pool? Even if it did, it would be slower than what I need for heat

Setup a pump speed for POOL circuit. It should be lower then all your other circuit pump speeds.

When heat turns on the pump speed will be increased to what you have set for HEAT if it is greater then POOL.