Intellicenter ethernet data rate?

jonny2342

Jan 30, 2023
Austin, TX
Does anyone know what the ethernet data rate supported by intellicenter is if you connect it directly to your home network? I can't find it listed anywhere. 10mbps? 100mpbs? 1gbps?

I don't have my intellicenter installed yet and cant check myself. I live in an area with a lot of electrical storms and am planning on using an ethernet to fiber optic media converter on the intellicenter side to electrically isolate it but still have it hardwired to my home network. (Yes i know it's overkill).

Thanks

Does anyone know what the ethernet data rate supported by intellicenter is if you connect it directly to your home network? I can't find it listed anywhere. 10mbps? 100mpbs? 1gbps?

I don't have my intellicenter installed yet and cant check myself. I live in an area with a lot of electrical storms and am planning on using an ethernet to fiber optic media converter on the intellicenter side to electrically isolate it but still have it hardwired to my home network. (Yes i know it's overkill).

Thanks
No idea, but I would imagine 10/100. In case you aren't aware, they make a wireless kit as well... although, I certainly understand attempting to avoid the extra costs.

I wonder why you need to know. Any decent converter should have a 1G/1000-base T NIC that auto-negotiates the downlink speed. Upstream devices or even other ports on the same device shouldn't be affected by a single slow NIC unless you have some really old stuff on the network (that should probably be replaced anyway).

I wonder why you need to know. Any decent converter should have a 1G/1000-base T NIC that auto-negotiates the downlink speed. Upstream devices or even other ports on the same device shouldn't be affected by a single slow NIC unless you have some really old stuff on the network (that should probably be repl

I wonder why you need to know. Any decent converter should have a 1G/1000-base T NIC that auto-negotiates the downlink speed. Upstream devices or even other ports on the same device shouldn't be affected by a single slow NIC unless you have some really old stuff on the network (that should probably be replaced anyway).
My intellicenter conversion kit arrived today. It looks like it's marked spd100 on the pcb next to the ethernet port so I assume it's going to be 100mbps then.

I ended up getting an sfp media converter that is poe powered, so I can power it via the intellicenter ethernet power injector and will be using multimode fiber for this particular link. The area where my pool equipment is located isn't ideal for wireless and I would prefer wired anyways.

Fwiw, the network has multiple switches connected by a 10gbps backbone. You can get some packet loss / high buffer usage under heavy network loads with the 10gbps to 100mbps rate conversation. But as long as it's not 10mbps like screenlogic, it should be good enough.

Serialization rates for a 1500 byte packet are roughly

1.2 microseconds at 10Gbps.
12 microseconds 1Gbps
120 microseconds at 100Mbps
1.2 milliseconds at 10Mbps (glad to be getting rid of screenlogic) technically longer if its half duplex.