Intellibrite stopped working (both lights)

JameyG

Bronze Supporter
Feb 9, 2018
Orlando, FL
Hi there, my pool is almost 4 years old now (time flies!) and when I push the button in the intellibrite box to turn on the lights (which work both the pool and the spa light) neither turn on. No breakers are flipped or anything, but I have no idea what to look at. Is there some fuse in the box, or component I can look at before I go right to replacing the controller itself? Thank you!

J,

Most likely you have popped a GFCI outlet.. A lot of installers use a GFCI outlet to provide GFCI protection to the lights. Do you have an outlet on the side of your main enclosure? If so, reset it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

There are in line fuses for the Intellibrite lights themselves (but normally these shouldn't break). I also think there are small circuit board fuses in the controllers themselves. See post --> 12V Pentair Intellibrite 5G light Controller Wiring trouble
Same thing happened to me though. Both my Intellibrite controllers stopped working. All my breakers were fine. I thought the worse that I was going to have to open up the lights from the pool and replace fuses. Turned out that I opened up my boxes that held the Intellibrite controllers and they had water in them and were fried. Replaced the controllers with normal 120 light switches and replaced the boxes to make sure water tight and all is good. Just have to flip the switch on/off to switch colors. New Intellibrite controllers are $$$

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.