Insulation floor bottom questions?

Brannon132

Platinum Supporter
May 5, 2015
Enumclaw, Wa
Hey guys my liner blew out on my 15x30 metal framed above ground pool, I caught it with the edge of my brush..
I have a sand bottom with sand coves but I'm taking out the sand cove and putting in ridged insulation and a foam cove instead.
Here are my questions,
1. The sand has some algea growing in it should I scrap it out and spray something down?
2. The walls sections go out in a circle a little bit do i cut the sheets with a little curve on them or just let the cove take care of that little gap?
3. Will 1" extruded pink rigid foam be thick enough?
4. Should I put a tarp on top of the foam and if so what kind?

Thank you for the help,
Brannon McCarthy

Spray the algae areas with a little bleach water and call it good. With you putting the foam down you should be good.

I would get the foam as close to the walls as you can to it being right up to it on the inside. You do not want to take a chance of the foam cove slipping down down where the board is missing.

Make sure to use GOOD tape. Do three strips on each and every seam to keep it from separating.

Kim:kim:

No need really. I think it may cause wrinkles more than help anything. I think it may be a pain to "pen" it down to keep it smooth.

Now when you go to put water in the liner after you put it in do not cut the holes until the water is right below the lowest hole (return). Before you start putting the water in you can put water in large garbage bags and fold over the top to hold the water in. Put these all along the edge of the pool walls. This will help hold the the liner in place. Once they start floating you just open them up and and pour the water out.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.