Installing SWCG

Hi New Dude, I am in the planning stage of adding a heat pump and a salt generator to my 16 X 36 In ground pool. I noticed what you said in an earlier post about mounting the cell vertically , and wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. You say the flow switch should be mounted “ before” the cell If you mount the cell vertically?That makes a lot of sense to me and never thought of that before.Do you have your cell mounted vertically or horizontally, and has it worked out for you?
Thanks , I appreciate your input.
Nbjoe43

Hey Joe and belated Welcome !!!

How about some pics and more details, such as which cell you're considering. When going vertical, the flow switch needs 'up flow' because gravity will close it when it fails. (When, not if, although it could be years).

Some cells such as the RJ60+ have a seperate flow switch, so you'd mount that on the up pipe, and the cell on the down pipe. I imagine this is the style your referencing as the flow switch would be before the cell.

My Pentair ICXX on the other hand has an internal flow switch, so the cell goes on the up pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.