Installing Stonescapes® (Pebble) in High Heat?

Jun 16, 2017
Dallas, TX
I have read that plaster should not be installed in high heat, and I realize that the pebble base is plaster. My parents are having their pebble application applied tomorrow. Unfortunately, there will be a heat advisory with a high of 97 degrees.

The salesman says the crew will only apply if they feel all conditions are favorable, but I have not been able to find out if it's okay to install pebble in high heat, and I have sadly learned from past experience that re-modelers are often not experts at what they do, and while they can do the job, they don't often understand how to "do it right." :( I also read that problems from installing plaster in high heat often don't surface until a few years later. Their warranty will only be five years. Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Hi Oceanic - I can't help you but thank you so much for asking this. I am supposed to be getting a Wet Edge finish in a week or two, and I was wondering the same thing. I was hesitant to ask my pool builder. I mean - they build pools in Texas in the summer all the time, but that doesn't mean it is a smart thing to do. I hope someone can tell us for sure.

Elwood58, thank you so much for your reply! That is great to know, and I'm glad your pool is still looking good!

Bcrule, you're so welcome! And lucky you for getting to work with Wet Edge! My mom SO wished she could have used Wet Edge, because they "get" how important choosing colors is, and I heard they will not install a pool unless the customer has seen that color in person on another pool. What a great company, and how helpful, because my parents (and me, LOL) have been through the wringer trying to pick out a color! I hope you love your new pool! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.