St George, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I want to install a ScreenLogic2 into an existing Easy Touch Panel that already has a wireless remote. My question is about putting the new transmitter antenna into the board connector. The existing board has three 4 pin connectors on it. Two of them are used already. There is a 3rd connector labeled JP4 on the right side of the board that is empty. Can I put the new transmitter there or do I have to remove the existing antenna for the wireless remote? The existing antenna is wired to connector on the left side of the board. The middle connector labeled JP3 is going to the front panel of the control box. Thanks for any info you can provide me.

Pentair's COMM port connectors are all physically connected together, they're not separated by any sort of electronic components or special circuitry. So pretty much any way you connect a new device to the COMM bus will work, providing the connection is sound. Jim's suggestion is best, one set of wires per connector. But if you're out of connectors, you can push more than one set of wires into the same connector. The more wires, however, the more chance you'll get an unreliable connection. Twisting the wires together well before inserting into the COMM connector can work (by that I mean like-colored wires together, of course). Or you can use WAGO connectors or wire nuts to connect multiple sets of COMM wires to each other, along with a tail, and then just the single tail goes into the COMM connector.

I have at least two instances of multiple sets of wires going into single COMM connectors. So far so good.

Lots of ways to do it, and if the connections are reliable the COMM will sort it all out.

Reactions: dougtice
Doug,

I assume you are talking about SWCG's Surge card..

If so, all three 4-pin connections are all to the same com port..

So adding you new ScreenLogic antenna to the empty connector would be perfect!!

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim,
It is that card and thanks for verifying what I was thinking!
Doug
Pentair's COMM port connectors are all physically connected together, they're not separated by any sort of electronic components or special circuitry. So pretty much any way you connect a new device to the COMM bus will work, providing the connection is sound. Jim's suggestion is best, one set of wires per connector. But if you're out of connectors, you can push more than one set of wires into the same connector. The more wires, however, the more chance you'll get an unreliable connection. Twisting the wires together well before inserting into the COMM connector can work (by that I mean like-colored wires together, of course). Or you can use WAGO connectors or wire nuts to connect multiple sets of COMM wires to each other, along with a tail, and then just the single tail goes into the COMM connector.

I have at least two instances of multiple sets of wires going into single COMM connectors. So far so good.

Lots of ways to do it, and if the connections are reliable the COMM will sort it all out.
Thanks Dirk,
I assumed it as another serial port but figured that had isolated them. Interesting that they are all the same comm port.
Doug

Reactions: Dirk
Doug,

I assume you are talking about SWCG's Surge card..

If so, all three 4-pin connections are all to the same com port..

So adding you new ScreenLogic antenna to the empty connector would be perfect!!

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim,
I'll be putting it in today!
Doug

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.