Insights and knowledge needed on this do-over journey.

Miniman

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2016
HOUSTON/ TEXAS
I had to take down the pool I had due to severe rust. I have purchased a Intex 16' x 48" Ultra Frame Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter pump 1,500 gph as well as a Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI. I am going to attempt to put it up next weekend. I still have my INTEX® 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System so I am in desperate need of advice on installation, compatibility, rust prevention, & testing.
So here I go
I am leveling my yard any advice best way to level?
hope to put a walking deck around the pool only about 12 up can I put the pool on a wooden deck?
What material other than the cloth that comes with the pool would you put under it? Foam board was suggested.
Equipment
Can I run both the pump that comes with pool (Ultra Frame Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter pump 1,500 gph) and the Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI together?
Can I utilize my INTEX 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System with any or all of the above?
Rust prevention
Is there anything I can apply to the pool frame to prevent rust prior to assembly?
Testing
Just ordered the TF-100 Test Kit Will this do the trick?

Thank you ahead for any and all advice.
I want to learn so that I can then return the help.
My signature line hopefully will be changed the next time I post to reflect the positive new information

I have the same pool. Here's my build thread: Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

I don't think I would put the pool on a wooden deck. It might hold it, but if it failed, it could be a real safety hazard.

Yes, you can likely use both pumps. I'd probably use the larger one for filtration and your SWG (yes to that too!) and use the smaller one for a water feature like a fountain or maybe to run a vacuum. The 3000 gph is enough by itself to keep the pool clean, but it will just barely run the Intex robot.

As for rust, good luck. My current pool is entering its 4th season. I leave it up year round and cover it over the winter. So far, the rust is minimal. But I've always considered 3 years as a good run for one of these pools given the price.

Here's some more info on my pump upgrade and robot. I'm sorry, I mistakenly thought that I had a 3000 gph pump that would barely run the robot, but mine was actually the 1600 gph model. Yours should do fine.

New pump arrived today

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.