Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Good morning
This maybe a silly question but I’m using my CMP powerclean inline chlorinator briefly to raise my cya up with trichlor. It has a adjustment knob on side to adjust water that goes inside it . But when I look through the glass it stays about a 1/4 way full of water . Is that normal ? Don’t see the point of the adjustment if it is staying full with water

I don't have an inline puck feeder. I used to, at my previous house and used it before discovering TFP. I was always under the impression that the adjustment knob was for the output. At least, on the one I had that was what the adjustment knob was for.

I would add pucks, turn the pump on, as the water inside would raise getting close to the top, then I would put the lid on and hand tighten it. After that I would adjust the knob to the output I wanted.

Reactions: newdude
This doesn’t answer your question but more of a warning/consideration….
Trichlor not only raises fc & cya but is also acidic & will lower ph (& subsequently ta)
so be aware of this possibility. Use
PoolMath effects of adding to see all the affects of each dissolved tab. I use pucks on occasion for the same reason (a little fc & cya boost) but very sparingly due to their effects on my normally rock solid ph/ta.

when I look through the glass it stays about a 1/4 way full of water . Is that normal ?
Yes and no. It depends on how many pucks you want to decay at once. The valve adjusts inlet flow. If you have it wide open and the tower is 1/4 full, then you either have an airlock in the feeder or your inlet pressure is poor. Try removing the lid and let the tower overflow, the post in the center should be 'spraying' water with decent spread into the tower. After it overflows, replace the lid. It should stay full even with the pump off. If the tower stays full then you're good. If it drops, then you are losing prime and drawing air into the system somewhere. It has no choice but to end up in your chlorinator tower.

Don’t see the point of the adjustment if it is staying full with water
There will almost always be some air trapped at the top. Again the valve adjusts inlet pressure, and will subsequently determine how much is pushed back into the return lines. So a lower setting will usually produce a lower water level.
I used to, at my previous house and used it before discovering TFP. I was always under the impression that the adjustment knob was for the output. At least, on the one I had that was what the adjustment knob was for.
I'm curious, what was the brand? Pentair, Hayward, Jandy and CMP all throttle the inlet flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.