Initial salt reading after poolmath estimates

Converting to swcg. with an Inital salt reading at 200ppm tested with 1766 Taylor kit, Poolmath says for my 12k gallon pool it needs 280lbs to get to 3000ppm. I added 240lbs to keep it below because I like to creep up to my target number. After pump running a few hours I retested salt. Got 3000ppm. Is a high reading normal then will creep down after about 24 hours run time? My gallon estimate off? Thoughts? Thanks everyone, this site is life saver.

After pump running a few hours I retested salt. Got 3000ppm. Is a high reading normal then will creep down after about 24 hours run time?

Both my Hayward calculator and pool math called for me to add 280 lbs of salt initially. My pool store guy actually told me to start with less around 200. After adding 200 my pool and Hayward SWG were both happy showing 3000. Since then I have added the K-1766 and speedstir (which really helps with the salt test). My results are always about 500 higher than the hayward display instant test. But as they say around here keep the SWG happy and it all works fine.

As for creeping I needed to drain my pool and again the math calculations called for more salt than I needed, but it holds pretty steady. I don't have any kids splashing around but we do get a lot of rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.